How to use two JBL MPA750 amps

Richard Stringer

Sophomore
Jan 13, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire, UK
I'm wondering guys, how would I use two MPA750 amplifiers bridged on my subs, because you can't daisy chain them. Would I go out the lft low frequency output of my crossover to one amp and then out the right low frequency output into the 2nd amp? The MPA750 doesn't have XLR and TRS Jack inputs, it only has XLR. I know normally you go into an aplifier's TRS Jack inputs, then output of it's XLR inputes into the next amplifier's Jack inputs. I've got an event coming up and haven't got a crossover and can't afford a decent one so just for this event i'll be using a Dbx 223XL. In febuary i'll be getting a used XTA DP200 for my febuary event.

Re: How to use two JBL MPA750 amps

Thanks Chris, I thought about a splitter cable but was thinking whether or not i'd have to drive the amps harder because the signal would be split.
Todays systems are voltage transfer systems, not power transfer systems of days old. It is MUCH easier now-a-days.

Until you try to drive something like 20 amplifier channels (give or take) you don't need to worry about losing signal level. The low output drive impedance and the high input impedance is the reason why.