Identify this stage?

Jared Koopman

Junior
Jun 13, 2012
Colorado
Can any of you identify this stage? At least the brand maybe

IMG_20120706_164653.jpg

Just trying to get dimensions and info on it for an event this weekend. The organizer has no clue...

A Wenger Showmobile perhaps?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Identify this stage?

It's not a Wenger. A conservative guesstimate would be 10' deep, possibly 12'. With deck extensions you can add another 8' minimum. Stage width will be max 30', more likely 24'.

The latest Wenger models open up a lot more. This one looks to be smack-dab in between the original Showmobiles and the latest iteration.

Edit:

Here it is.

Century Mobile Stage - ShowMaster Soundshell Community Mobile Stage -Platform  Mobile Stage - Front Row Concert Mobile Stage

I didn't check to see if they make more than one size, but the Wichita Falls, TX, model is 36' wide by 14' deep fully deployed.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Thanks!

Providing sound for a B52's tribute band. Should be fun. :)

Those things reflect sound like crazy. Designed for unamplified children's choirs and such. It took me a few times mixing bands on it before I finally got the hang of it. You'll need to try and keep things as "tight" as possible because everything bleeds into everything else. Also, ring out your wedges really well before hand. You'll be fine.

Those things reflect sound like crazy. Designed for unamplified children's choirs and such. It took me a few times mixing bands on it before I finally got the hang of it. You'll need to try and keep things as "tight" as possible because everything bleeds into everything else. Also, ring out your wedges really well before hand. You'll be fine.

The original picture of the stage shows exactly how NOT to deploy your speakers: on the deck.

I set scaffold as far as is practical from the sides and with the rear of the scaffold even with the front of the stage.

Wedges should never be square with the back wall but should be angled so the reflections go outside the stage. If the band is on IEM's you're way ahead. If not, see if they'll buy into side-washes.

If you can set up the drum kit well to the side of the center line (or even in the back corner), it'll be easier for everyone. Last time I was on one like this the kit got kick, snare and one overhead. I ended up not really using the snare mic...

The other common problem is the bass amp making the deck resonate and mess with the kick mic. No stand is best, so hope there's a pillow inside to lay the kick mic on.
Have fun.

So today I decided to take a visit to the venue location just to check some things out. The organizer for this event was pretty clueless and said "oh ya there's power, they have an outlet in the picnic pavilion...which made me nervous.

The venue is a multi-structure event center so I thought for sure they would have more than that. After talking to the facility manager, our event is not in/near any of the buildings, but in the "park area" of the venue where there is a picnic pavilion and that indeed, it is only 1 x 15 a circuit. And he said "you are bringing a generator right?" Long story short the organizer thought that outlet could support full pa system, 30+ vendors, and a couple food service vendors.

Promptly called the organizer and told her the info and said we aren't doing it without a generator. Told her I have one that I can use for our equipment but for an additional fee, which she agreed to.

So glad I checked it out ahead of time.

So today I decided to take a visit to the venue location just to check some things out. The organizer for this event was pretty clueless and said "oh ya there's power, they have an outlet in the picnic pavilion...which made me nervous.

The venue is a multi-structure event center so I thought for sure they would have more than that. After talking to the facility manager, our event is not in/near any of the buildings, but in the "park area" of the venue where there is a picnic pavilion and that indeed, it is only 1 x 15 a circuit. And he said "you are bringing a generator right?" Long story short the organizer thought that outlet could support full pa system, 30+ vendors, and a couple food service vendors.

Promptly called the organizer and told her the info and said we aren't doing it without a generator. Told her I have one that I can use for our equipment but for an additional fee, which she agreed to.

Always gotta advance.

Our city's is the larger / more deulxe model that has a built in ONAN 15 kw generator underneath. That little generator kicks ass, it will handle a full PA all day. Unfortunately I think the parks guys always ran it with the doors closed and it burned up. Now an 11kw tow behind accompanies it, which works fairly well.