If I could only go back twenty years

Re: If I could only go back twenty years

I'm pretty sure this is the fellow that came to one of our gigs in Macon around 1988 or 89 and he sat in for a couple of songs on my SG but did not have a slide so he had to use my little metal one that just barely fit on his big ol' little finger! It was a funny moment - he really played great and it was funny watching him try to stuff his finger in that slide. Later around 92 I got to open for Johnny Winter and was allowed to meet him on the bus afterward and I got him to show me his slide. It was the same exact slide as mine! At that time he had a chrome Dunlop small diameter slide no matter what the interviews may say about pipes or sockets. It made me feel good to know that I was in good company with small fingers :lol:

Here's a better look at how big he was and also how good they were at reviving classic ABB material. He was very nice and truly gifted.

https://youtu.be/CXcUHnPWWY4

Re: If I could only go back twenty years

I'm pretty sure this is the fellow that came to one of our gigs in Macon around 1988 or 89 and he sat in for a couple of songs on my SG but did not have a slide so he had to use my little metal one that just barely fit on his big ol' little finger! It was a funny moment - he really played great and it was funny watching him try to stuff his finger in that slide. Later around 92 I got to open for Johnny Winter and was allowed to meet him on the bus afterward and I got him to show me his slide. It was the same exact slide as mine! At that time he had a chrome Dunlop small diameter slide no matter what the interviews may say about pipes or sockets. It made me feel good to know that I was in good company with small fingers [emoji38]

Here's a better look at how big he was and also how good they were at reviving classic ABB material. He was very nice and truly gifted.

https://youtu.be/CXcUHnPWWY4

I was at those shows.. Split time with that bassist

Sent from my SGH-M919