I'm glad it's not the moose...

Or 2 person operation: corn broom and a waste basket ... Works for the naive on vacation with Geckos .... Until they realize that they eat the mosquitos that bite them rampedly in the night ....

BRad

Re: I'm glad it's not the moose...

+1 to the rat trap, squirrels are just rats with bushy tails. I had a squirrel get into my house a few years back, and while he couldn't fly, he would jump at me if cornered, and not in a way that I could nail him with a racquet (I tried).

He ended up hiding in my under sink cupboards, and got KO'd, but not killed by a rat trap. I thought he was down for the count and carried him outside to decay in peace, but later when I went to collect him, he was gone... up up and away.

I didn't like squirrels before that, now like them even less.

JR

Now I have to tell my sisters squirrel story.
This sister lives in St. Paul MN, the other lives in Minneapolis.

It is a well known fact that when you catch a squirrel in the Twin Cities, you drive it to the other side of the river to release it.
This person she knows was telling of catching a squirrel, and was in the process of driving it to the Minneapolis side. While on the bridge he
suddenly wondered what would happen if the squirrel was released in the middle of the bridge. Which side would the squirrel choose?
No one was behind him, so he pulled over and let the squirrel loose. Instead of choosing either direction, it headed straight for the side,
jumped up on the railing, and over the edge. He ran to the edge, and watched it hit the snow, tuck and roll, and take off running.
He was marveling at how it didn't die in the fall, but this didn't last long. A hawk swooped down and picked it up as it ran through the snow.

So a few weeks later he caught another squirrel. Not satisfied with the results of the last release, he tried again.
And the same thing happened. As he was watching it unfold, a car came to a halt behind him. And a guy jumped out the ask him what he was doing.
He asked, "did you just release a squirrel to see which side it would run to?" "Yes" "And instead of choosing, it jumped off the edge." "And when it
hit the ground and took off running, a hawk swooped down and picked it up."

"That's exactly what happened when I tried it!"

Now I have to tell my sisters squirrel story.
This sister lives in St. Paul MN, the other lives in Minneapolis.

It is a well known fact that when you catch a squirrel in the Twin Cities, you drive it to the other side of the river to release it.
We do this with criminals too.

Or the one about the moron from St Paul that moved to Minneapolis and raised the aggregate IQ of both towns........

Or the one about the moron from St Paul that moved to Minneapolis and raised the aggregate IQ of both towns........

As a former Minneapolis resident, I heard this one the other way around! Remember the short-lived TV series with Chris Elliot, "Get A Life"?

I can't find any evidence of the flying squirrel today, I hope it escaped while I was sleeping.

The cat, usually a good rodent detector, didn't seem to be agitated anymore.

Kind of an anticlimax though, first there was a semi-exotic animal, and then there wasn't, I feel cheated somehow.

Trap 'em, kill 'em, feed 'em to the birds. Around here the crows will clean up the carcasses if you "tenderize" them with a vehicle. If you toss them out by the Mississippi the bald eagles will snatch 'em up real quick.