In NY through Feb 18th - any shows worth catching

Re: In NY through Feb 18th - any shows worth catching

I suspect I can guess the answer but... what part of the state are you visiting?

Go see Rain and tell me what you think.

**Disclaimer - I am one of the many who owe my career to Abe Jacob. I may be a little biased.

I probably won't end up seeing it at the Brooks. I did sit in with JvB (who did a great job and was clearly having too much fun) when they were still at the Neil Simon. I think Abe did a fantastic job. First off, he surrounded himself with the best in the business as only he can and had more research and prediction than many permanent installs get. The rig was clean and plenty loud without creating fatigue. The transitions from early "Ed Sullivan" to the stadium shows, to the later richer sound of the studio albums was spot on. I saw the original company on a Saturday night with a great house. It was a really good time.

My only minor complaint of the whole night is that I felt the keys were a little hot in some of the first act tunes. I think this was due to the "keys fill" being a little too loud in the under-balcony speakers.

Sunday nights at the Living Room on Ludlow St. in the Lower East Side have Jim Campilongo, who's a good guitarist.

The Iridium at 51st and Broadway always has worthwhile performers, and on Thursday there's one I would definitely seek out - Jim Weider with Garth Hudson.

**Disclaimer - I am one of the many who owe my career to Abe Jacob. I may be a little biased.

I probably won't end up seeing it at the Brooks. I did sit in with JvB (who did a great job and was clearly having too much fun) when they were still at the Neil Simon. I think Abe did a fantastic job. First off, he surrounded himself with the best in the business as only he can and had more research and prediction than many permanent installs get. The rig was clean and plenty loud without creating fatigue. The transitions from early "Ed Sullivan" to the stadium shows, to the later richer sound of the studio albums was spot on. I saw the original company on a Saturday night with a great house. It was a really good time.

My only minor complaint of the whole night is that I felt the keys were a little hot in some of the first act tunes. I think this was due to the "keys fill" being a little too loud in the under-balcony speakers.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I designed the sound for the tour and Jim took my console file with all the FX, tones, panning, snapshots, etc. Jim and Abe added the additional zones and surround and then I trained Jim on the show. From there Jim took the ball and ran with it and has been doing a great job I hear.
It doesn't hurt to have great talent on stage too! :)

Not a show, but if you find yourself in midtown Wed night, you're invited to drop by the Drinking Club with a Theatre Problem, a weekly get-together I host at House of Brews on W 51st St, just west of 8th Ave. We get there around 10:30p (so that folks working shows can come by after), with no real set end time.

This week, in addition to the rotating cast of regulars, we've got some special guests in town in the form of the entire gang from Figure 53, the fine folks behind QLab, who are in town for a retreat and will be joining us for the evening!

If you can't find us, you can call or text me at 908-227-9721.

Hope to see you there,
Andy