Infocomm 2013

Jason Lavoie

Junior
Jan 13, 2011
Ottawa
I've noticed that Behringer (Music Group) has a demo room at Infocomm this year (don't think they had one last year?)
Maybe they're getting ready to showcase the line array

Jason

Re: Infocomm 2013

Christ, is it time to start thinking about InfoComm already? NAMM just happened and the Messe is, like, tomorrow or something!

It really is amazing how this stuff sneaks up!

I expect that I'll be there, as usual.

I'm really hoping to have some time to get around and check out some other booths this year! I assume you will be in the B&C booth, Bennett? I know Ivan will be in the Danley demo room and I'll definitely be stopping by there. I can only hope that Danley does another demo like they did last year. I'm still pissed that I missed out on that.

It really is amazing how this stuff sneaks up!

I expect that I'll be there, as usual.

I'm really hoping to have some time to get around and check out some other booths this year! I assume you will be in the B&C booth, Bennett? I know Ivan will be in the Danley demo room and I'll definitely be stopping by there. I can only hope that Danley does another demo like they did last year. I'm still pissed that I missed out on that.
If you are talking about the one in the middle of the desert near the airforce base-no plans that I know of. But at this time last year-even that was not planned.

So who knows------------------------

I can't say anything else-but let's just say that we will be showing some very interesting new products-for different markets-quite a bit "in the hopper" right now.

If you are talking about the one in the middle of the desert near the airforce base-no plans that I know of. But at this time last year-even that was not planned.

So who knows------------------------

I can't say anything else-but let's just say that we will be showing some very interesting new products-for different markets-quite a bit "in the hopper" right now.

Yeah, that is the one I am talking about... I thought it was near the race track? Anyway... getting the gear out someplace that we can really put the screws to it and see how it really behaves is something I always like to do.

I'm very excited to see what new stuff you guys have, as usual!

Yeah, that is the one I am talking about... I thought it was near the race track? Anyway... getting the gear out someplace that we can really put the screws to it and see how it really behaves is something I always like to do.

I'm very excited to see what new stuff you guys have, as usual!
We are both correct. The demo location was in between the race track and the Air force base.

It was an undeveloped industrial area-that only had a single road and fire hydrants. We could get around 1500' away before we ran into the security fence.

I've got some photos somewhere I will try to find.

I don't know if there are any areas around Orlando that we could make that kind of noise without complaints. And we would never get the free show (that your tax dollars paid for) that we did. There ALL KINDS of planes flying right over us-B52's from WW!! to stealth bombers-Apache helicopters-all sorts of fighter planes. That went on for a couple of hours-REALLY COOL! A nice touch :) When the sun went down it was cool to see lots of fighter and the afterburners against the desert mountains with a sunset glowing over the tops.

All we get in Fla is swamps-humidity and Micky. Not quite the same.

And it is a lot of hassle-during a VERY busy time trying to setup. But who knows-----I would not say it is not on the table.

I don't know if there are any areas around Orlando that we could make that kind of noise without complaints.

All we get in Fla is swamps-humidity and Micky.

How quiet are they at Daytona oval? Down the beach a ways.

Just say'in... I think most trade show noise displays are a challenge to make it worthwhile. The serious folk will check them out properly in use somewhere, and the not serious folk are not serious.

JR

How quiet are they at Daytona oval? Down the beach a ways.

Just say'in... I think most trade show noise displays are a challenge to make it worthwhile. The serious folk will check them out properly in use somewhere, and the not serious folk are not serious.

JR
Daytona is a good little drive from Orlando- and I am sure they have permission. We were a good ways from "anywhere" in Vegas.

Agreed the demo rooms are not the best place to listen to gear-but it is a start and does create interest.

And you can do a lot more in a demo room than on the show floor.

The best situations are where you can do side by side and in a more controlled situation and in larger rooms more representative of the actual usage.

Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando. Seats 70,000.
Florida+Citrus+Bowl

Citrus Bowl Stadium in Orlando. Seats 70,000.
Florida+Citrus+Bowl
I'm not saying there aren't places-but getting access and permission to make loud noises for a couple of hours is the hard part.

And empty stands can produce all sorts of "free noises" to interfere with the listening process. Zinging seats-reflections-"tuned" tunnels and so forth.

And when talking about stadiums-some get REAL REAL picky about people walking on the grass. In baseball it is "sacred" in many stadiums.

Maybe if the convention center North building is not being used, shoot it across their parking lot.
Yeah that won't get you in trouble-----------------------------------

I remember years ago (2005) when some speaker manufacturers were doing some loud sub sweeps. A little while later a sprinkler head burst and the whole couple of million gallons came down on the Christie booth. There was no way to shut it off-it all had to drain down.

If the break had happened just after a sweep-I bet some blame would have been pointed that way.

I really loved the Christie booth the next day-they were all wearing scuba/swim gear with umbrellas on top of the booth. At least they could laugh at it-and then their lawyers went after the convention center--------------------------------