Input Output Numbering - Suggestion

Why aren't the new digital consoles numbered left to right, with the lower numbers on the bottom rows?? Outputs as well. It just seems logical to do this to me.. Any one else have trouble patching with the top rows filled?? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your time

Edit: I was patching three different drop snakes into an X32. It was dark and
I had to unplug the top row twice.

Last edited:
Re: Imput out put numbering-Suggestion

For input:
In the channel config you have possibility to select source. In case, channel 1 source from input 17, and so on (CH2, source 18;...CH17, source 1).

I think you have more possibilities with digital consoles, then with analog. :)~:)~:smile:

Re: Input Output Numbering - Suggestion

Why aren't the new digital consoles numbered left to right, with the lower numbers on the bottom rows?? Outputs as well. It just seems logical to do this to me.. Any one else have trouble patching with the top rows filled?? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your time

Because it would be backwards thinking for many people. You're on the back side of the console, so you think backwards from what the front of the surface would be like.

If you want, you can simply create a soft patch in the order you want it and then re-label the inputs any way you like. That's the fun of digital.

Start patching with the high channel numbers first.

Because this is how most people are taught to read?

People should also be taught logic.

In this case it would just make good sense to plug in the bottom row first, regardless what the numbers are.