Internal rack networking

Brad Harris

Sophomore
Mar 1, 2011
Stage Left
A number of years ago, on the other forum, there was a pdf linked/posted around the time networked amps started to make an appearance. Saved it to a computer, now I can't locate the file any more.

It talked (and displayed) a bunch of wiring topographies (star, loop, and other redundant) within the racks. The Yamaha white paper gets close, but is very vague and sparse in comparison. Just wondering if anyone else knows the article I'm talking about, and maybe has or remembers where its located.

BRad

Re: Internal rack networking

Yeah thats the Yamaha paper I mentioned.

The paper I'm looking for I think was a Lab Gruppen?? oriented paper (not necessarily put out by Lab). The amplifiers in question had 2 Cat5 ports (or at least thier diagrams were). And was mentioned mid 2000's.

BRad

A number of years ago, on the other forum, there was a pdf linked/posted around the time networked amps started to make an appearance. Saved it to a computer, now I can't locate the file any more.

It talked (and displayed) a bunch of wiring topographies (star, loop, and other redundant) within the racks. The Yamaha white paper gets close, but is very vague and sparse in comparison. Just wondering if anyone else knows the article I'm talking about, and maybe has or remembers where its located.

BRad

http://labgruppen.com/media/downloa...etwork_Configuration_Guide_NCG-PLM_rev106.pdf

The two network jacks on the back of the PLM's will mess up your world when you don't know/realize how they are setup. I had two physically separate networks...and all of a sudden i could see everything on the opposing network when i shouldn't have been able to...