iPhone 4 is on Verizon!!!

Re: iPhone 4 is on Verizon!!!

Eventually, AT&T may find it cost-effective to build into very rural areas. Even if they don't, it will become cheaper for rural wireless carriers to provide GSM service in those areas, increasing the likelihood that you will be able to roam onto another GSM network. Whether or not you want to pay the roaming fees, that's another question entirely!

Eventually yes, but I think ATT will remain customer-driven in prioritizing their coverage upgrades to where the most people are - the recent ATT Mark the Spot App has actually been helping, with iphone users complaints helping ATT to prioritize where to fix problems first. I've seen this first hand in El Segundo where a dead zone corner was noted and fixed and noted by ATT as from customer feedback.

I would imagine they will fix/boost/optimize the heavy urban and suburban areas first, and then either build into rural areas or partner with people there.

[quote title=Steve Milner wrote on Wed, 12 January 2011 21:35]
For example, let's say Evan Kirkendall loses his cell phone. Some teenager picks it up, and inside it are the cell phone numbers of all the ATL guys. Teen shares their phone numbers on Facebook, and tomorrow, those guys all have to get new numbers because they are inundated with calls from teenage girls.

That is an easy fix. Put a password on the phone! My IPhone, iPad, and computer all have passwords. I do not know how people can carry devices like them around without any password protection.

That is an easy fix. Put a password on the phone! My IPhone, iPad, and computer all have passwords. I do not know how people can carry devices like them around without any password protection.

Well, we can assume that Evan is both careful with his phone, and probably does have a password of some kind. I think you missed the point of my post, which was that if you store your contacts ''in the cloud,'' and that cloud is compromised, everyone will have your contact list.

This is not a total disaster, but it was no doubt an inconvenience for Paris Hilton, and her friends, when her contact list was stolen by way of someone hacking her cell phone service provider. This was in the news quite a few years ago.

[quote title=Daniel Nickleski wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 11:21]
For example, let's say Evan Kirkendall loses his cell phone. Some teenager picks it up, and inside it are the cell phone numbers of all the ATL guys. Teen shares their phone numbers on Facebook, and tomorrow, those guys all have to get new numbers because they are inundated with calls from teenage girls.

There's another level of easy fixes if you are a MobileMe user: You can remotely nuke the iphone if you are unsuccessful finding it: http://www.apple.com/mobileme/features/find-my-iphone.html

See that little white area in the northwest corner of ND? Now guess where I have a house
icon_smile.gif

No VZ or ATT yet because the town council doesn't want a tower cluttering up their ''wonderful'' quaint town!

When visiting I have to drive 5mi west to get service, which is also strange because it's across the time-zone and my phone is an hour behind the local time when I go back.

There was a new tower being built on a farmer's field a mile out of town last fall, apparently the citizen's took matters into their own hands. (With my luck it will probably be some obscure local co-op carrier!) with the speed things get done around there it might be working by 2014
icon_smile.gif

I carry a pay-as-u-go verizon phone and an iPhone most everywhere in that state and even then there's too many places still without coverage.