Is climate change affecting your business/ seasonal schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is climate change affecting your business/ seasonal schedule?

It is amazing the amount of misunderstanding concerning the very real problem of climate change and the role human activity has in causing and preventing it! Funny how scientist are so brilliant when they supply us with new toys, but when they reveal some "inconvenient truths" about our live style they must be full of crap!

Right up front, don't care about any politics, reasons for or against, or causes. Just business implications. And any posts to this end will be mocked and taunted.

Is your schedule changing because of temperatures?
My busiest month used to be July. I remember thinking about 20 years ago that that would have to start changing.
Some of the gigs I had had been going on for decades. And indeed, my busiest month is now August.
Some of it is personal, as I have lost some gigs along the way. And I now bid higher in July, as I know I will be more likely to need extra labor to get through some of the gigs.

And my range of outside shows has expanded, mostly because I work in more places than I used to.
So I am kind of keeping the shows that I have picked up in the fall, in more southern areas, out of my general thinking on this.

But it seems to me that there are more shows popping up in Sept, May, and late August, and less in July.
It should be noted that I do mostly outdoor Community events, and am not tied to any touring schedules.

Also, I am in the intermountain region, and I know people in say Arizona or Maine will be more likely to do outdoor gigs at different times of year than I do. And sound pups may not have enough time in, to see a change in the process. But, have your schedules changed?

We have some clients that only have patrons if they are in the area to ski.

The winters do seem to end a little earlier as of late.

Summers seem to be hit-or-miss in the sense that some months are super sunny and others surprisingly rainy.

It is amazing the amount of misunderstanding concerning the very real problem of climate change and the role human activity has in causing and preventing it! Funny how scientist are so brilliant when they supply us with new toys, but when they reveal some "inconvenient truths" about our live style they must be full of crap!

I have followed the "climate debate" closely for as long as I can recall. Rarely do I hear something that makes me think "well, that's a fresh perspective". Knock on wood, just that happened the other day listening to BBC World Service on the radio:

The people who doubt the forecasts of global warming should be doubly afraid: As long as they don't trust the predictions, they should consider that the results might in fact turn out to be twice as harsh as the predictions!

I have followed the "climate debate" closely for as long as I can recall. Rarely do I hear something that makes me think "well, that's a fresh perspective". Knock on wood, just that happened the other day listening to BBC World Service on the radio:

The people who doubt the forecasts of global warming should be doubly afraid: As long as they don't trust the predictions, they should consider that the results might in fact turn out to be twice as harsh as the predictions!

Total BS issue.
We just had the worst winter in many years with cooler than normal summer to follow.

Al Gore (not a scientist BTW), who beats this drum louder than anyone, just bought a house on the shore, a shore he said would be under 20 feet of water 20 years ago. "and that is what is called FACT" If he were worried he would have bought a house on top of a mountain, but he did scare the previous owner and got a house for less than market because it was going to be under water someday. Nice move Al.

Maybe I can use AGW to scare my competition out the sound reinforcement business. Humm

I don't think it is total BS but there are many up to their necks in that medium. Especially for the next few weeks.

I try to follow the science and do not see the compelling evidence that out political leaders do, that we need to tax carbon. I wouldn't mind more objective scientific study. If we can't even get informed climate scientists to agree about this we don't need to attach another sea anchor to the world economy that is barely growing these days.

The global temperature has always changed and I saw one report that temperature of other planets in our solar system have changed in similar ways, suggesting that varying solar output may be cause, in part or in whole. While the climate spinners deny the solar connection. This really looks and feels like a classic power grab... "Trust me I'm from the government and we're here to help you." :)

In my judgement we have several more pressing issues to focus on.

JR

Total BS issue.
We just had the worst winter in many years with cooler than normal summer to follow.

Al Gore (not a scientist BTW), who beats this drum louder than anyone, just bought a house on the shore, a shore he said would be under 20 feet of water 20 years ago. "and that is what is called FACT" If he were worried he would have bought a house on top of a mountain, but he did scare the previous owner and got a house for less than market because it was going to be under water someday. Nice move Al.

Maybe I can use AGW to scare my competition out the sound reinforcement business. Humm

Amazing! Scientist waste so much time doing research when all they have to do is watch what Al Gore does or just look at last year's winter! You should share your vast knowledge with the scientific community.

Amazing! Scientist waste so much time doing research when all they have to do is watch what Al Gore does or just look at last year's winter! You should share your vast knowledge with the scientific community.

Right on Chuck - I will stand with the 70% of those scientists who have it right and not with you and the 30% who are trying to pick our pockets as if it would change anything.
Mike Mann was proven wrong over and over and over again. Keep beating a dead horse if you want. Humans have little to no effect on climate.
I forgot it was those big lizards driving SUVeees that melted all the ice millions of years ago.

I just love listening to relatively intelligent people try to debate topics they obviously can't evaluate the data for themselves.

Said the rare FOH tech with a masters degree in meteorology/climatology.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I suggest you go to an honest source for your ratios.

Show me yours first, or did they get stuck in the ice that is not there during the Antarctic summer?
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...hip-rescue-vessel-break-free-of-antarctic-ice

Polar Bear population is up. Yet another lie uncovered. How far do you want to go?

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html

I do agree with others that the hype, does effect our business.

Last edited:

Well I truly value the "sound" advice I read here -- even that offered by flat-earth devotees.

..dave

Show me yours first, or did they get stuck in the ice that is not there during the Antarctic summer?
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...hip-rescue-vessel-break-free-of-antarctic-ice

No one anywhere ever said that there wasn't ice in Antarctica any time of year.

Polar Bear population is up. Yet another lie uncovered. How far do you want to go?

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/goreerrors.html

There's one of those dishonest sources you might want to stay away from.

Total BS issue.

It's global warming, not local warming.

Sent from my iPhone

It's global warming, not local warming.

Sent from my iPhone
And it isn't getting warmer.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe...gate-star-michael-mann-courts-legal-disaster/

Hiding evidence is not science. And it isn't fact. The fact is he lied and opportunistic people got in line for a hand out. AGW is a political agenda.

in case you are right I have some beach front property for sale if you think getting rid of my car will stop it.

Last edited:

It is more productive when discussing scientific questions to focus on fact rather than motives or other personal characteristics (do what I say not what I do).

In the case of global temperature the facts or data are difficult to accumulate a comprehensive set, and predictions about the future based on climate "models" are not facts but informed guesses based on multiple speculations.

JR

in case you are right I have some beach front property for sale if you think getting rid of my car will stop it.

And when the New Madrid fault shifts again, the Mississippi river valley will be ocean bottom property....

Or we'll have volcanoes in Kansas, and we'll be searching for virgins to sacrifice...

Total BS issue.

Fantastic online argumentation, Mister!

Did you learn about those people in school who assumed the Earth was flat because that's how it looked to them?

Al Gore (not a scientist BTW)

WOW! REALLY?

Al Gore..."and that is what is called FACT"

A politician calling something a fact when it's not proven to be? Nooooo! STOP THE PRESS!!!

...Nice move Al.

I had no idea that the US housing prices were solely dictated by the statements of Al Gore. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll be wathcing him more closely in the future!

Maybe I can use AGW to scare my competition out of the sound reinforcement business. Humm

Whatever works for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.