Jason Aldean's technical rider?

Re: Jason Aldean's technical rider?

Shot in the dark here, but has anyone provided for Jason Aldean. One of the local fairs I provide for has bid on this artist and I want to make sure I'm not blind sided, or even able to provide for him. If you have a copy, please email it to [email protected]. Thanks guys

By the time the fair is close to happening anything you learn now will be old news.

Last time we did a show with Aldean we provided stacks and racks; they were fully self-contained on stage and FOH.

Thanks Tim, I'm just looking for a ball park scale on what he might ask for... The gig is playing to a grand stand off an sl250 stage.. Probably 3-4k people. Probably small to what he is used to and my rig normally covers it, but I don't think it will in his case...I'll have to add to it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 1

Thanks Tim, I'm just looking for a ball park scale on what he might ask for... The gig is playing to a grand stand off an sl250 stage.. Probably 3-4k people. Probably small to what he is used to and my rig normally covers it, but I don't think it will in his case...I'll have to add to it.

My guess is that there will be changes to the stage or audience area if they book Aldean. They'll get another 1k coming from the USA...

It's more rock show with a twang. You have a 730 rig, right? I'd look at the audience area expanding by 20%. Raise your trim and get more 730s up in the air to cover the deeper audience plane. I like the way the 730 rig sounds when deployed with the flown subs.... Do you have any issues with the horizontal spacing between hangs?

I'd be asking if they carry a lighting package and what lighting they need from you.

My guess is that there will be changes to the stage or audience area if they book Aldean. They'll get another 1k coming from the USA....

That would be a bit of a hike, but not impossible I suppose...

I like the way the 730 rig sounds when deployed with the flown subs.... Do you have any issues with the horizontal spacing between hangs?
Horizontal spacing?, can you clarify...

Lighting, yes I assume, EVERYTHING will scale up with this artist... Luckily there is a large production house within an hour of this venue with Mac vipers, aura, new quad Martin fixtures, sharpys etc... If they need that, I'll be sub renting my whohaw off, but the gig will stay in house...

You could ask the agent to put you in touch with the PM. I get an email from promoters quite often asking if house systems or certain quirky things are going to be deal breakers. They come to me before they put in the offer. I'm happy to take the time to work with them. Better now then after the tickets are sold.

Why not ask the fair people.

Surely they have a copy of the rider-so they can get an idea of what it will cost to meet it.

If they are just "assuming" the fee will be the same-they may be in for quite a surprise.

Why not ask the fair people.

I found out from my buddy who is the carnival ride provider - the potential act isn't common knowledge yet

Surely they have a copy of the rider-so they can get an idea of what it will cost to meet it.

Usually the fairboard hires a promoter, and the promoter gives them a "package price" for a 3 day event with production... the promoter is quite elderly and feels like these shows can be done with shure column speakers and horns... I usually get the phone call to "bring what I brought last year... it'll be fine"... to which I always expect to get a few TM's PO'd at me for not having every new widget under the sun that day.... I'm trying to be proactive on this one...

If they are just "assuming" the fee will be the same-they may be in for quite a surprise.

I agree Ivan, which is why I was hoping to get a peek at the "real world" they will be looking at, at this level of production requirement... and I can have a price ready for them, or bow out of the game... I'm betting by the sounds of things thier offer will get refused by the aldean camp, but you never know if its a travel day for him... I'd stop for 50K in a one horse town....

Shane,
Artist's engineers will always find something to bitch and complain about. If your rig usually covers the area just fine, I think you'll get by. I agree with Tim, a little more trim height never hurt. I did a festival over the summer where the headliner's engineer DEMANDED d&b J series or v-dosc. I supplied my Q1's and it was fine. Crowd of roughly 5,000 people and he was in the green all night.

Evan

Attachments

• 10380067_939524866063205_1447189045774244626_o.jpg
    10380067_939524866063205_1447189045774244626_o.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1

I found out from my buddy who is the carnival ride provider - the potential act isn't common knowledge yet

Usually the fairboard hires a promoter, and the promoter gives them a "package price" for a 3 day event with production... the promoter is quite elderly and feels like these shows can be done with shure column speakers and horns... I usually get the phone call to "bring what I brought last year... it'll be fine"... to which I always expect to get a few TM's PO'd at me for not having every new widget under the sun that day.... I'm trying to be proactive on this one...

I agree Ivan, which is why I was hoping to get a peek at the "real world" they will be looking at, at this level of production requirement... and I can have a price ready for them, or bow out of the game... I'm betting by the sounds of things thier offer will get refused by the aldean camp, but you never know if its a travel day for him... I'd stop for 50K in a one horse town....
He did a show not far from here last year and the PA was something like 120 Meyer cabinets. But it was a larger area than you are talking about-but it gives an idea of what they are "used to" in some cases.

He did a show not far from here last year and the PA was something like 120 Meyer cabinets. But it was a larger area than you are talking about-but it gives an idea of what they are "used to" in some cases.

So I should open a large PO at Danley is what you're sayin...lol...
Like you said , I think the fairboard is in for some sticker shock on the extras if they do land him.
Appreciate the responses to date. If anyone has an actual tech rider ( even an old one) please fire it into my inbox...
thx

I would expect you to be stacks/racks. Reserve accordingly... And prepare your promoter for an increase.

BTW- $100k is no surprise. My little 425 seater (WHBPAC) will pay that for right dates/artist.