JBL 4888 and IT4x3500

Thomas Petrusky

Freshman
Mar 15, 2012
Ok guys and gals, who can offer me input on the best route on my combination. I am running the V5 plugin VT4888 80 LT preset. And this has been great for 3x boxes per amp. However I would like to do some work where I am just using the boxes ground stacked 4 a side. I know, I know, true line blah blah. Anyhow since I can't touch any of the limiting processing settings due to the fir nature and such, I was wondering. Am I better off using 4 boxes per amp or 2 boxes per amp since 3 and 1 is just silly. I dont think there are any settings for just two boxes and I am not sure but 4 boxes per amp may be a little too punk rock for the 4x3500's... Any opinions or experience?

Message received, makes sense; should I run two boxes per amp, is there any way to set the limiters tighter. I really like the way they have been working and protecting drivers in the current config with 3 per amp.

The primary limiting is voltage based, not current based so it doesn't matter how many boxes per circuit. Circuit the PA based on what speakers need to be controlled differently from another circuit, like the bottom part of the hang, or the very top where you might use more HF compensation.

I've used 4 boxes per circuit without any amp problems for rock shows but I think the 4889 rig sounds better with 3 per circuit.