JBL SP4732A VS Peavey SP4

Gary Weller

Sophomore
Mar 11, 2011
Il.
I've got a chance to get a pair of JBL 4732A's for a dirt cheap price. I've currently got a pair of Peavey SP4's.

Would this be a lateral move or a step up sound quality wise?

I could probably sell the Peaveys and it would cost me no money to get the JBLs or I could actually make some cash.

They'd be run above a pair of double 18's and eventually bi-amped.

This would be used for club band 150-200 ppl with the ocassional outside gigs.

What do you think?

Re: JBL SP4732A VS Peavey SP4

I've got a chance to get a pair of JBL 4732A's for a dirt cheap price. I've currently got a pair of Peavey SP4's.

Would this be a lateral move or a step up sound quality wise?

I could probably sell the Peaveys and it would cost me no money to get the JBLs or I could actually make some cash.

They'd be run above a pair of double 18's and eventually bi-amped.

This would be used for club band 150-200 ppl with the ocassional outside gigs.

What do you think?

You have the latest SP4's? What kind of shape are the JBL's in? The 4732a's are getting on in age, so you'll want to go over them carefully (checking the cabinet integrity, crossovers, a speakers) for signs of modifications, part substitution, etc.

Re: JBL SP4732A VS Peavey SP4

You have the latest SP4's? What kind of shape are the JBL's in? The 4732a's are getting on in age, so you'll want to go over them carefully (checking the cabinet integrity, crossovers, a speakers) for signs of modifications, part substitution, etc.

My SP4's are from 2004. The JBL's are in good shape and all drivers are original & working.

I've heard the JBL SR-A series are lacking in internal bracing though compared to the SR-X's, is that true?