JoeCo players for live multitracks

Re: JoeCo players for live multitracks

Will the footswitch trigger both machines though? I can live without the song select stuff as the setlist bit will take care of that. I'd run a keyboard over a long cable to the drum tech who could deal with any "emergency" song restarts/cues etc

yes, keyboard and footswitch are the two options that trigger both machines together, as far as I know.

We recently used a JoeCo Blackbox to record 64 channels via madi interfaced with a Soundcraft Vi4. It could not have been simpler to hook up and use and it worked flawlessly....if those qualities are of any value when one is shopping for the best deal.

IMHO I'd say they're far better suited to record with. When finished you grab the discs and import the files into your DAW and go nuts. For playback they're a bit tricky, especially to tweak set lists and files and what not. We had 'em out with Cee Lo for a while and had some reliability issues here and there so I wouldn't go out with them again.

We're now using a Playback Control rig with MBPs and Digital Performer and while it's a little bigger (not too much) it offers so much more flexibility it's a no brainer that I'd stick with it over the JoeCos. I would be curious to see how the new iPad app works with them though.