Lab Gruppen IPD amps

Mike Pyle

Junior
Jan 11, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Is anybody here using the L.G IPD amps yet? I know the power specs initially disappointed a few folks who expected more after all of the pre-release marketing, but I'm taking a second look after seeing a special on them and realizing they pack a lot of features at the price point.

So I'm curious if there are any users here who can comment on the performance, and wondering specifically about the fan noise levels, especially on the higher powered IPD2400 which runs dual fans. Thanks.

Re: Lab Gruppen IPD amps

Hey Mike, I purchased 6, 2400's. I'm running 4 in a club install powering Biamp monitors and the other two are running my kf650 kit without ux8800 processor. I compared the lab vs the ux and lab power(fp10000) and sonically there was little difference. I haven't had a chance to try them with a live band yet, (the 650 kit power), but just in the shop, it was parting my hair.
As for the club amps, they have been installed since decEmber without issue and the house tech is very happy. He smarted the wedges and got them pretty flat (Martin le200 copies, loaded with Jbl 15"(2225) and Jbl 1")
No regrets here yet.
(The mx8750 is there to crossover the pl380 for subs...)
Sp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 1