Lights :(

Jack Keaton

Sophomore
Dec 6, 2011
I have no real knowledge in lights. so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I am looking to buy lights and have narrowed it down to Chauvet slim par pro or Chauvet colorado 1 tour

What I would like to know is if the colorado's are going to be that big of a difference from the slim par pro's (I would rather buy once and not have to think about lights for awhile)

Re: Lights :(

I have no real knowledge in lights. so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I am looking to buy lights and have narrowed it down to Chauvet slim par pro or Chauvet colorado 1 tour

What I would like to know is if the colorado's are going to be that big of a difference from the slim par pro's (I would rather buy once and not have to think about lights for awhile)
I have 17 Slim Par Pros. They are similar in brightness to the Colorados. The big reason to get the Colorados is Powercon input, and the IP rating, if those matter to you. The Slim Par is about half the thickness as the Colorados, so they pack smaller, and they are less expensive. I believe the Colorado beam angle is a little tighter, which may be good or bad depending on your throw distance. I have been happy with the SlimPar Pros.

Re: Lights :(

So I was able to compare Chauvet slim par pro or Chauvet colorado 1 tour. TJ is absolutely correct on what he stated. Both have similar output. Colorados do throw further. Thank you very much for your info on this.