Line Array Transport

David Jameson

Freshman
Sep 22, 2011
Anderson, SC
We have just recently upgraded our rig to the NX L23A made by RCF. We've purchased 12 boxes. We are currently looking into the best way to transport these and are interested in seeing what others are doing with line array type rigs. Do you transport your boxes in single cases, trunks of 2 or 4, metal racks with them pre-hung, stacked on dollies, other? What is the best way you've seen to handle array boxes? Obviously we are looking for a combination of efficiency, protection, truck pack, and price.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Re: Line Array Transport

What are the dimensions of your cabinets? That will totally determine your packaging options. We made metal carts 22.5" x 30" that use the integrated flywware on on our Flex Array boxes to secure them to the carts. The cabinets stacks 4 high. Undercover custom made padded bags to protect them during transport. They will pack 3 or 4 wide in our trucks. Also, the carts will accept an outrigger on each corner that expands the footprint and allows the transport frames to be used as ground support frames at the gig. Here's a lousy photo. What you can do totally depends on your cabinet dimensions, the fly hardware, and normal use configuration once you're at the gig.

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

25.94"w x 13.62"h x 16.33"d. We have been kicking this idea around but before we went to far, I was just curious to how others transported their boxes.

Thanks for the picture and the response!

We had these cases custom designed for our Nexo S12. The top is just a 2 piece clamshell to make it easy to take off and put back on. These also make it very easy to do a quick n dirty ground stacked array!

Apologies for the sideways picture. iPhones do not like to upload the pictures the correct way!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 0

We have just recently upgraded our rig to the NX L23A made by RCF. We've purchased 12 boxes. We are currently looking into the best way to transport these and are interested in seeing what others are doing with line array type rigs. Do you transport your boxes in single cases, trunks of 2 or 4, metal racks with them pre-hung, stacked on dollies, other? What is the best way you've seen to handle array boxes? Obviously we are looking for a combination of efficiency, protection, truck pack, and price.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Hey how do you like them? What subs did you get?

I have 8 L23s, 4 S25s and 4 S21s

I custom made covers and put industrial velcro no the top and bottom so that they stick together. You can see the velcro straps on the L23 covers

The pic does not illustrate what I told you, but this is how I moved them the first time:
IMG-20111116-00029.jpg

How many have you stacked on top of the subs?
IMG-20111117-00035.jpg

We have not received shipment yet but should very soon. We got to spend a little time trying out 4 boxes locally and loved them. I think they will be perfect for our type and size shows. We didn't order any of the matching subs. We have been using the Danley TH115 sub and just don't believe there is a better sub out there!

Thanks to all who have commented here. Looks like we are going to go with something very similar to what Steve has pictured at the top. Probably carts of three for easier handling weightwise and for smaller shows.

Thanks again for all the advice.