List of potential bugs/changes/etc for vBulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas Pradetto

Graduate Student
So far, I noticed a few things:

• When Tim changed his OP title, it didn't update the thread title.
  • PMs can't be sent automatically taking a post title, such as when PMing someone in the marketplace about something for sale....manually titling the post is a drag, but can be done.
  • In Hybrid view, is there any reason the quick post preview can't be longer? There seems to be a LOT of whitespace that could be used for a longer snippet. See pic.
  • I can't seem to find a way to mark all my imported PMs as read...and there is no way I can go through and "read" each one again. Is there a quick and easy way I'm overlooking?

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Re: List of potential bugs/changes/etc for vBulletin

So far, I noticed a few things:

• When Tim changed his OP title, it didn't update the thread title.
  • PMs can't be sent automatically taking a post title, such as when PMing someone in the marketplace about something for sale....manually titling the post is a drag, but can be done.
  • In Hybrid view, is there any reason the quick post preview can't be longer? There seems to be a LOT of whitespace that could be used for a longer snippet. See pic.
  • I can't seem to find a way to mark all my imported PMs as read...and there is no way I can go through and "read" each one again. Is there a quick and easy way I'm overlooking?

View attachment 521

There was a limit on the maximum amount of time allowed for a thread starter to change the title. I set that to "0" now. That will either make the time limit non-existant, or set it to 0 minutes. Try it out, if "0" didn't work, I'll put in the max amount of numbers allowed there.

I just increased the quick post preview from 30 characters to 50. Is that better?

I can go through the database, and perform a query to make everyones PMs read, but not everyone has read theirs. For mine, I selected them all, then at the bottom, there was a link to mark them as read.

Re: List of potential bugs/changes/etc for vBulletin

Really? Am I blind? I didn't see that. But I do need to get my eyes checked....:eek:

Silas, here:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 1.14.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 1.14.43 PM.png
    16 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.