Logix 4D

Matthew Haber

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2011
Boston, MA
www.matthewhaber.com
Has anyone used Logix 4D for video projection work? I downloaded the demo version and it seems pretty interesting and it is relatively affordable compared to something like Dataton Watchout ($650/dongle for Logix vs $2300/dongle for Watchout) and I like that it supports two outputs per playback computer vs Watchout's one since that means I only need to buy roughly half as many dongles and computers. That said, I am not finding much about it on Google since it is pretty new on the scene. For what its worth, this will be used with 1-6 projectors for edge blended and/or mapped playback during theatre performances and installation pieces. I use Isadora extensively and I am not looking to replace that but it is definitely lacking for some tasks that involve more complex projections or where a timeline is desirable. Because of that, I rented a Watchout rig on a recent production which I really liked but I am interested to see whether there are more affordable options out there. Anyway, thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Re: Logix 4D

Just read through the manual.. I don't see any facility for video input or for positioning videos and displays in the equivalent of Watchout's 'stage.' Also doesn't look like you can layer and move videos. So really, it's not much more than a series of network-synced playlists with edge blending and geometry correction. Useful, but not a Watchout competitor.