Love this eBay product description for Floodlights

Re: Love this eBay product description for Floodlights

Steve Payne, your speakers are calling you.... :)

I actually love the sound of Flashlights and Floodlights. But for most smaller situations, the Flashlights are way too beamy [see what i did there?], so it's a hard system to scale down.

This product looks so insane it's teetering on the brink of ridiculous.

Some athletic facilities want HF response above 2.5kHz. I can see theme park applications and uses in extending the response or intelligibility of voice warning systems.

I don't think this is a solution in search of a problem; horn history shows lots of folks making HF driver/horn combos to deliver HF response over relatively large distances. Tom has just figured out how to constructively combine the output of a lot of drivers and control the pattern to his needs.

Some athletic facilities want HF response above 2.5kHz. I can see theme park applications and uses in extending the response or intelligibility of voice warning systems.

I don't think this is a solution in search of a problem; horn history shows lots of folks making HF driver/horn combos to deliver HF response over relatively large distances. Tom has just figured out how to constructively combine the output of a lot of drivers and control the pattern to his needs.

I wasn't doubting its purpose; I was simply exclaiming that it's really, really awesome.

If you think that looks ridiculous, you should have a look a the new Caleb (J5).
Until you have tried to get decent sound out to 1000', it all seems kinda stupid.

But to get decent HF and a coherent sound that far-it all has to start out "together" without interference.

A single speaker is much better at that. Sure you can stack a bunch of other speakers up and get some noise out there-but the HF will be gone and the quality will literally be "blowing in the wind".

There are many cases where you cannot put delay speakers and it has to come from a single source.