M air 192/4 audio interface

ANDREW STIRLING

Aug 24, 2023
Scotland
Hi, I purchased a new M air 192/4 audio interface 2 days ago but haven't a clue how to get it working I downloaded the drivers okay on my windows 10 laptop and it connected with my laptop the problem is that I don't understand what to do next or how to activate the built in programmes The power on the device comes on okay.The device desktop image doesn't seem very large I couldn't get it to adjust I am also using mobile Internet on my laptop a bit slow sometimes. I only know how to set up my guitar and amp that's about all!! don't know anything about interfaces or recording equipment just can't seem to get enough instructions on how to set it up. Can anyone help thanks, Andy

What doesn’t it do? The desktop defaults should work without fiddling till you get used to it? It’s really a very simple interface. Stuff a mic in, turn the gain up till things flash a bit, then in your DAW, set the routing. The drivers you installed just allow the DAW to find it. It should appear as a source, probably a mono one, so you’ll have some options, but find the device, select it and route it. This is similar but different in every DAW. The little applet just allows you, I think, to select the sample rate and bit depth you want. Start maybe with 48k, 24 bit? Others might choose 48/32 or 96/24, that’s personal preference.

what exactly are you doing and what is working and what is not?

I
What doesn’t it do? The desktop defaults should work without fiddling till you get used to it? It’s really a very simple interface. Stuff a mic in, turn the gain up till things flash a bit, then in your DAW, set the routing. The drivers you installed just allow the DAW to find it. It should appear as a source, probably a mono one, so you’ll have some options, but find the device, select it and route it. This is similar but different in every DAW. The little applet just allows you, I think, to select the sample rate and bit depth you want. Start maybe with 48k, 24 bit? Others might choose 48/32 or 96/24, that’s personal preference.

what exactly are you doing and what is working and what is not?
I only got as far as connecting the audio interface to my laptop the m air window shows on my screen and the files etc I'm not sure what l do next to get the Audio device to do something and how to install the free software files that came with it. The software files are on my phone I just found out how to get them from m-audio but I need to transfer them to my laptop. I am not used to doing this and need help with it. Thanks Andy

First thing is forget your phone. Your laptop is what does the work. youd better tell us the whole story. You want to record your voice? Using your laptop? You have some software on the laptop to do this? You have a mic and cable for the interface. You sound a total newbie, which is fine, but we need to know exactly what you have, what you want to do and what you have really done. While it’s possible for a phone to record audio, few people use an interface like yours with a phone. They connect speakers or headphones to their laptop, get some audio software and record onto that.

Hi, I purchased a new M air 192/4 audio interface 2 days ago but haven't a clue how to get it working I downloaded the drivers okay on my windows 10 laptop and it connected with my laptop the problem is that I don't understand what to do next or how to activate the built in programmes The power on the device comes on okay.The device desktop image doesn't seem very large I couldn't get it to adjust I am also using mobile Internet on my laptop a bit slow sometimes. I only know how to set up my guitar and amp that's about all!! don't know anything about interfaces or recording equipment just can't seem to get enough instructions on how to set it up. Can anyone help thanks, Andy
This forum is not for equipment problems, it is for issues with using the forum itself.