Macpherson MD18 Subs

Re: Macpherson MD18 Subs

This doesn't sit right with me as an end user: "Effective September 1, 2011, due to changes in the business environment MacPherson is no longer accepting orders for new production loudspeakers and accessories."

Looking at their Parts Summary... the MD18 came with a wide variety of woofers: Radian 2218, Electro-Voice EVX180, EVX180A, or EVX180B. That's not the only speaker with different model of drivers listed.

Realistically, I would pay more than what the driver is worth on the used market. I'd say $400 per cab.

Ive never heard them, but assuming they go alright and you owe nothing on them, with a number like 16 I would put them to use earning you money. I duppose that all depends to on what other gear you have in your inventory. But 16 is a good amount is all.

cheers

I have some md18 subs, McPherson M2x tops, and McPherson Monoliths all with crown macrotech power and PIP cards I am looking to find a home for as we have moved everything to powered boxes. Located in chicago but travel often around the midwest if anyone is looking to expand their McPherson inventory, theyll go pretty cheap!

What we have here are "Subs" that don't really "sub" by modern standards. Limited output, power handling, VLF...

The 101db sensitivity rating is a red flag: It implies that the individual cones are 98db@8 ohms each. Cones from that era with that kind of sensitivity run out of excursion pretty quickly with VLF/high level information. It could take twice as many MD18s to achieve the same results with contemporary 2x18s. That is alot of power/truck/warehouse space.

Last edited: