Marines urinate on dead Taliban

Re: Marines urinate on dead Taliban

I'm sure it's happened all through the ages.

They just didn't have cameras around 24/7 back then.

+1 ...but, perception is everything. especially when we're involved in another Country's affairs. THe US sent forces there to root-out terrorists and then.... it became an all out War with the Taliban and Foreign insurgents that mean to surpress the Native people.

How can we be respected from the host Country's inhabitants, that our Military actions are justified ? That our interest and their's is equally important when our Soldiers have mistreated the locals, and/or disrespected their customs ?

This whole subject of Soldiers pissing on the dead shouldn't even be an issue.... these Soldiers don't strike me as being very intelligent, considering all of the stupid shit our soldiers were involved with in Iraq, being photographed or video taped. And then, they got even more stupid for loading it on You tube ?

Hammer

This whole subject of Soldiers pissing on the dead shouldn't even be an issue.... these Soldiers don't strike me as being very intelligent, considering all of the stupid shit our soldiers were involved with in Iraq, being photographed or video taped. And then, they got even more stupid for loading it on You tube ?

Hammer

No question they did something stupid. How smart is someone who volunteers to go to war? How smart is someone who dives on a grenade to save his buddies? You tell me?
I've pondered that question ever since 1969 when I enlisted. We went while others stayed home and went to college or got a start on their careers,went to parties,got drunk,got laid --------- if you look at it from that persepctive,we must have been idiots.

They have two weeks that cover stress and how to cope. I'm not saying it always work I'm just not allowing it to be pushed off on stress. So I had a bad day at work can I tell the judge I was stressed so I punched the cop in the face after he pulled me over?

Sent from my ADR6300

I thought back to this post when I read this article online this morning:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/12/w...ilians-killed-american-soldier-held.html?_r=1

People don't snap and do stuff like this because they're "having a bad day at work". It illustrates what kind of pressure they are subjected to. Two weeks in a classroom is not going to make that stress manageable.

No question they did something stupid. How smart is someone who volunteers to go to war? How smart is someone who dives on a grenade to save his buddies? You tell me?
I've pondered that question ever since 1969 when I enlisted. We went while others stayed home and went to college or got a start on their careers,went to parties,got drunk,got laid --------- if you look at it from that persepctive,we must have been idiots.

Hello Randy,

I appreciate you and anyone else serving their Country in a time of War. That is what a good and loyal citizen does. There should be no shame, nor should you or anyone else consider theirselves an idiot for serving in the Viet Nam War.

The shame, and for that matter, Treasonist acts, should fall upon those War mongers in the US Military, Dept. of Defense, the White House,etc... that escalated the U.S. involvement in Viet Nam based on the Gulf of Tonkin LIES.

The bigger shame, is that most of the Soldiers returning from Viet Nam have never found the peace they deserve, that they cannot and do not know how.

Hammer

I just stumbeled accross this photo that was released today in the Norwegian press. It's from one of February's protest marches in Afghanistan after the whole Kuran-buring incident. The photo is taken by a Norwegian service-man/woman. I can't imagine how insecure I would feel standing there at the gate knowing that amongst any one of those stone's being thrown there could be hand grenades and acid-baloons, and that there is almost no escalation of the situation that would allow me to use my weapon to defend myself. Add to that the fact that many of those guys are just teenagers or kids that you really don't want to hurt...

As it turned out, grenades were thrown and it was sheer luck that no one was killed at that exact rally.

978x.jpg