Mic stands extending from the left

Re: Mic stands extending from the left

Shane, I find no problem with this mic clip. What you describe seems like either damaged clip threads or damaged stand threads.

You guys might be "talking past eachother":

Many places (all of Europe for one) use the smaller diameter-style mic stand threads, meaning that many mic clips need to have an adapter screwed in (like the one that comes with every Shure mic).

Some manufacturers of mics and clips have "solved" the issue by have the larger diameter for the outermost part of the hole in the clip and then having the smaller diameter for the innermost part.

This means removing the locking ring to mount the clip. I own clips like this also.

The north American thread, is what is in my photos , the European thread I believe to be much more aggressive and wider? Anyway, yes that adapter gets thrown out pretty much immediately. Again folks , not my first rodeo...my heil clip behaved out of the box as it does today... I will confirm by opening the new pr35 I have at my shop, and post some pics. To fix my current clip, I plan to remove the thread part of the heil clip and replace it with a shure threaded portion...

Quick release clips... I know some people hate them, but I've never had one fail. Also, you should try turning the boom -not the clip- when you're putting it on the stand.

And if you have a mic that would absolutely stop the show if it lost grip and rotated..........

Teflon thread tape.

One quick wrap and you're set for the show. And it comes off just fine.

Buy a new clip if the PR-35 clip is a problem. That mic will fit a variety of generic clips that don't have this problem. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I fixed the issue before heading out to play the other night...
removed old threaded brass base section off a shure clip...
removed top grip from heil clip... installed and done...

When I got to the gig I inspected my guitar players PR35 clip and guess what... it too eats the mic stand threads until about the last two turns...
his mic is newer than mine, from a different vendor, on a different mic stand... he's going to do the same thing as I did.