MIDAS DM12

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
I just had a couple channels die on a Mackie Pro fx 12 that is often my choice for a little run and gun. Wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger on the little Midas mixer out on the market. Cant even find any reviews on youtube which is blowing my mind a little in this day and age.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Apologies on the low audio level and white balance on the camera. Using Davinci trial software for the first time on this one.

It sure does look like a straight knockoff. Was hoping Music Group was going to step it up and not go that route. Guessing they will sell a few more of these units with the Midas name rather than keeping it Behringer. Looks like Soundcraft is not at all associated with the group.

It looks like Behringer / Music Group is kind of back to their old ways doing bussiness!

Soundcraft is or was owned by Harman Music that also included JBL, Crown, DBX, AKG, Digitech,
BSS, Lexicon, Studer, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Harmon Kardon and a few others.

About a year ago give or take Samsung bought Harmon Music and let's just say there has been some
"restructuring" going on, Crown has all but been shut down at their main plant in Elkhart Indiana and
moved to Mexico, AKG is phasing out the operation in Vienna Austria, JBL was already in the process of moving to Mexico.
I'm sure there's more going on than that.

It looks like Behringer / Music Group is kind of back to their old ways doing bussiness!

Soundcraft is or was owned by Harman Music that also included JBL, Crown, DBX, AKG, Digitech,
BSS, Lexicon, Studer, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Harmon Kardon and a few others.

About a year ago give or take Samsung bought Harmon Music and let's just say there has been some
"restructuring" going on, Crown has all but been shut down at their main plant in Elkhart Indiana and
moved to Mexico, AKG is phasing out the operation in Vienna Austria, JBL was already in the process of moving to Mexico.
I'm sure there's more going on than that.

The process began prior to the Samsung purchase of Harman Intl. I believe it was one of the last major things that Sidney Harman was involved in the planning of before retiring.

Due diligence between Samsung and Harman likely began about a year before the acquisition was approved by the respective Boards.

The move of all non-custom woodwork to Mexico began 10 years ago, with some transducer production following shortly after. Eventually JBL will have almost no production presence in the USA and the HQ will be in Connecticut.... again, all divulged in Harman's annual report from 10 years ago.

Update. Had this out a couple times as well as a couple dry rentals. I am finding the gain super low using sm58 as a baseline test mic. You have to really crank the gain up to get any volume. Becomes an issue when doing talking head gigs.