Midas Heritage Insert Snake

Re: Midas Heritage Insert Snake

They require maintenance. The most commonly overlooked is checking the machine screws that hold the pin blocks. If they get loose the pin block will not fully disengage when the retracter bail is pulled back. If it's really whacky you'll have to disassemble the connector body.

30 seconds with a small screwdriver every 6 months will prevent this.

The other failure modes seem to require brute force combined with abject silliness.

When working with volunteers... >.> I'm not sure when they get maintenance due to when I'm working with the company that uses them I'm primarily a lighting guy.

When working with volunteers (Geri sez "WHAATTTTT??? Ahem)... >.> I'm not sure when they get maintenance due to when I'm working with the company that uses them I'm primarily a lighting guy.

Then, respectfully, you might be speaking just a little bit out of turn. No matter, this has an easy fix...

VOLUNTEERS DO NOT MAKE AND BREAK CONNECTIONS WITH OUR RAMLATCHES. Company techs, and ONLY company techs handle this chore.

Geri O

What i have seen is most sound companies seem to take approach 2 regardless of their actual reality, which can make doing one-offs a real pain as you go in and have to reconfigure everything anyway and the multipin just adds a point of failure.

Back when I was doing this, I prepatched all the outboard for the one offs in the shop when I was prepping the show (after discussing it with the FOH engineer on the phone). Am I the only one that dropped all consoles and cleaned them and tightened screws, patched the outboard, ran audio through every channel, etc before a show? Do most people just leave the gear in the truck between shows? I'm a big fan of the amphenol pins and sockets, CPCs, and the Ramtech shells. They are all field repairable. Failures are few.

We got through our first gig with the H3000 yesterday by using several different Hosa 8 channel TRS snakes that I borrowed from a friend.

One weird thing I did notice is that there is something hanging down from the littlelite compartment on both sides that blocks the Send TRS from being inserted properly on channel 1. You can push it to the side to get the plug in but when you do the lid over the littlelites will not shut properly.....this a fancy schmancy pack horse case...any thoughts?