Midas Offline Editor 2.05 with Pro2 2.1.x

Adam Robinson

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago IL
I'm trying to pre-program a desk for an upcoming tour but have been told by the US support guys that they don't advise using the 2.05 editor for my desk which will be running 2.1.something. Has anyone had any experiences programming with the older offline editor and taking it to the newer console software? The 2.1 offline editor is still not available and no one I spoke do had any answers on when it would be.

Re: Midas Offline Editor 2.05 with Pro2 2.1.x

I do find it somewhat annoying that the editor and console versions are not the same. In my view they should always be in sync.

Or to put it another way - what is the point of having an offline editor; and if your US support guys are saying don't use it... are they really saying that the console doesn't have an offline editor ?

But onto your question, i''ve got a pro2c and have no problems provided that I'm not using any of the new features like say the tape saturation effect. You can't choose that on the editor because it's not there. If you save your show file on the console and bring it up in the editor it will show as blank plate. I've not checked to see what happens to patching; or what happens if you modify the file and then reload back into the console.

Do use the most recent offline editor - I forget what version that is but in the effects if you can see a matrix mixer and the Klark Square 1 dynamics then that's the latest.

In so far as channel naming, high pass filters, mic gain, eq, phantom, vca routing, patching, aux send levels, eq's and effects (except the new 2.1 features) - show file works fine for me.

Andrew