Midas Pro 3/6/9 Channel Select

I've been working on a Midas Pro9 for the last months (mostly just setup and babysitting, not so much mixing myself) and I noticed that the Channel select keypads seems to have an alternative function, quick select, copy/paste, link load and store.

I have yet to be able to figure out how to use those shortcuts, I've been missing a button on the console itself for link, copy and paste before I noticed this. Does anyone around here know how to use this ? I've tried all the variations I could think of trying to use some of those functions. Holding the button, holding with the star button, star before and after push, holding down enter and pressing and so on. My boss also tried. I checked the manual briefly but didn't see anything.

Since there isn't that I can find any official midas forum og user group(that I can find) I thought this was the place to ask.
Screen Shot 2012-08-19 at 10.53.42 PM.png

Does anyone know this ? Is this maybe a feature that isn't available in the current software ?

Last edited:
Re: Midas Pro 3/6/9 Channel Select

I've been working on a Midas Pro9 for the last months (mostly just setup and babysitting, not so much mixing myself) and I noticed that the Channel select keypads seems to have an alternative function, quick select, copy/paste, link load and store.

I have yet to be able to figure out how to use those shortcuts, I've been missing a button on the console itself for link, copy and paste before I noticed this. Does anyone around here know how to use this ? I've tried all the variations I could think of trying to use some of those functions. Holding the button, holding with the star button, star before and after push, holding down enter and pressing and so on. My boss also tried. I checked the manual briefly but didn't see anything.

Since there isn't that I can find any official midas forum og user group(that I can find) I thought this was the place to ask.
View attachment 4534

Does anyone know this ? Is this maybe a feature that isn't available in the current software ?

Hi Arni,

Currently on the PRO3/6/9 the shortcut keys on the keypad only have their main function, which is channel selection.

In the software version that is on the way there will be some funtions added to the quick keys. There will be 3 assignable functions that will allow you to turn the new advanced navigation functions that have been ported from the PRO2 on and off. These will include GEQ, MCA's and FX navigation functions. This will work by making a quick press on the '*' key and then pressing 1, 2 or 3. Which functions you assign to the 1,2,3 keys can be defined in the preferences.

Pressing and holding down the '*' key will bring these functions onto the POP groups instead.

We plan to add more functions to these shortcut keys in future software releases.

I hope this helps,

Re: Midas Pro 3/6/9 Channel Select

Hi Arni,

Currently on the PRO3/6/9 the shortcut keys on the keypad only have their main function, which is channel selection.

In the software version that is on the way there will be some funtions added to the quick keys. There will be 3 assignable functions that will allow you to turn the new advanced navigation functions that have been ported from the PRO2 on and off. These will include GEQ, MCA's and FX navigation functions. This will work by making a quick press on the '*' key and then pressing 1, 2 or 3. Which functions you assign to the 1,2,3 keys can be defined in the preferences.

Pressing and holding down the '*' key will bring these functions onto the POP groups instead.

We plan to add more functions to these shortcut keys in future software releases.

I hope this helps,

Thank you so much!, then I can stop trying to figure it out ;)