Midas Pro2 Monitor routing

Fredrik Mindnes

Freshman
Jul 24, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Hi,

I have connected my cue wedge to Solo A output and my IEM cue to Solo B. All inputs/outputs are routed to Solo A except the Busses used for IEM. I tried to route the Monitor A signal to External input L&R and enable the EXT. source b. to be able to listen to all inputs on mye IEM wedge. But it didnt work. I know the Pro3/6/9 and Xl8 have different Monitor options enable them to have this function. Is it possible on the Pro2 consoles and I'm just doing someting wrong?

-Fredrik Mindnes :)

Re: Midas Pro2 Monitor routing

Hello Fredrik,

Jay from Music Group here.

Please give us a call so we can walk you through the process on a Pro 2. 425-949-9203

Regards,

Jay Easley
AVP, Customer Support
Music Group

Hello Fredrik,

Jay from Music Group here.

Please give us a call so we can walk you through the process on a Pro 2. 425-949-9203

Regards,

Jay Easley
AVP, Customer Support
Music Group

Jay, how about walking us all through it, unless this is "super-secret, double-knot spy" info.

Jay, how about walking us all through it, unless this is "super-secret, double-knot spy" info.

Gentlemen,

A couple different ways to accomplish what Fredrik is asking. Some variables fall into play with regards to how "he" wants it to work for what "he" needs, which is the reason to have him dialing into us for the walk-thru. As you know the solo works in a few different ways that are specific to the desired end result (i.e. all audio passing to both A and B for listening to wedges and ears, only B audio passing to B buss for a specific listen of B assigned inputs or outputs, etc.). The only difference in the setup (that may be throwing you off a bit) is that, on the Pro 2, there is a single headphone buss in the patch, whereas on the Pro 3, 6, 9 you have two headphone busses that are directly linked to the MON A, or B, or all, or not (if your secret decoder ring is engaged, that converts to: "the flexibility of running networked audio systems, like in all Midas digital consoles, is a nice feature to have) However the solo patch and function works the same way on 2, 3, 6, and 9.

Would still like to speak to Fredrik to get a few bits of info. Once we have that in hand, will gladly post how we got there with him for you all to see. No decoder ring required :)

Fredrik, please do call us at 425-949-9203

Regards,

Jay Easley
Music Group​

Sorry for my extremely late reply. Too much work and to little time for internet geeking. ;)
I would love to call you Jay, but as I'm located over in Norway, the time difference is a little tricky. Whats your office time? Or anyone in Europe you could recommend me to call?

Regards

Fredrik Mindnes

Hi Fredrik,

Our friends at AVAB-CAC in Norway are the best people to call. They are our distributor in your country and are one of the most experiened Midas Digital companies in the world. They would be able to help you locally and efficiently.

Hope this helps,

Sorry for my extremely late reply. Too much work and to little time for internet geeking. ;)
I would love to call you Jay, but as I'm located over in Norway, the time difference is a little tricky. Whats your office time? Or anyone in Europe you could recommend me to call?

Regards

Fredrik Mindnes

Fredrik

If you patch the headphone monitor output on the PRO2 (this is sourced from monitor A) to a pair of XLR outputs on the console you can send control the output level to those outputs from the headphone level on the surface. Hope this solves your question.

Hi Fredrik,

Our friends at AVAB-CAC in Norway are the best people to call. They are our distributor in your country and are one of the most experiened Midas Digital companies in the world. They would be able to help you locally and efficiently.

Hope this helps,

Thats True. Because Starin Marketing doesn't know shit about Midas desks at all!!! FYI Starin Marketing is the US distribution house.

Starin is not US distribution, merely order fulfillment. Hence, not expected to answer any questions. They are distribution for Behringer, among others.

Well they are doing they're job quite well then.

Hi Brian,

Caleb's post is right on the money. Starin do not directly support Midas & Klark Teknik products and are not expected to do so. Customer support is handled by a growing MIDAS team based out of our Las Vegas HQ and headed up by Jay Easley. They should always be your first port of call for any support issues or questions you may have about our products.

Of course you can also contact us here in the UK as well if its more convenient for you.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Thanks,

Fredrik

If you patch the headphone monitor output on the PRO2 (this is sourced from monitor A) to a pair of XLR outputs on the console you can send control the output level to those outputs from the headphone level on the surface. Hope this solves your question.

Thanks for your reply. Not exactly what I was thinking about.
The case is simple. I have want to internal route one of the monitor busses to the other monitor bus.
Example: I have all my IEMs on Monitor A and all my Wedges on Monitor B. Most of the times I just want to be able to listen to all my wedge mixes through my local IEM on Monitor A. So I'm looking for a way to patch or a monitor mode (Pro3/6/9) so I can just listen to A or B and be able to listen to whatever mix or input i Solo. Makes any sense?

-Fredrik :)

Thanks for your reply. Not exactly what I was thinking about.
The case is simple. I have want to internal route one of the monitor busses to the other monitor bus.
Example: I have all my IEMs on Monitor A and all my Wedges on Monitor B. Most of the times I just want to be able to listen to all my wedge mixes through my local IEM on Monitor A. So I'm looking for a way to patch or a monitor mode (Pro3/6/9) so I can just listen to A or B and be able to listen to whatever mix or input i Solo. Makes any sense?

-Fredrik :)

Hi Fredrik,

The PRO3/6/9 doesn't have a mode to achieve what you'd like to do, but because the monitor section of those consoles is basically analogue its possibly a little easier to set up. The PRO2 is fully digital within the monitor section, so it needs to be done in a slightly different way. But the sequence below will allow you to do the following:

Outputs set to MonitorB will only go to B only
Inputs and Outputs set to MonitorA will go to both A & B outputs
Solo Clear will only clear channels solo'ed on MonitorA
MonitorB will need to be cleared manually.

Setup:
1) In Monitor Preferences switch the console to Broadcast mode
2) Select 'EXT' on MonitorA
3) Turn up the PFL & AFL levels ro 0dB
4) Switch all the IEM outputs back to solo A
5) Patch MonitorB outputs L+R to EXT Input Source L+R

Hope this gets you where you need to be.