Mixtender 2

Max Stuurman

Freshman
Nov 25, 2013
Brussels
Hi,

I have a problem with the mixtender 2 app. I can't connect my ipad with my Pro 1 and normally it should be very easy but it just doesn't work. I use an airport as router so maybe I have to do something with the airport.
Does somebody knows how to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Max

Re: Mixtender 2

I have the older iPad and can't run Mixtender 2 so I can't really help. But just a few things to check:

Can you connect to the wireless access point with another computer?
Double check that the acces point and iPad are on the same network and the subnet matches.
Double check that the gateway is set properly and also on the correct network.
Make sure Wi-Fi is set correctly on the iPad and if a password was used for the connection, that it is correct.
Double check that the Pro 1 is on the same network and the server is running on the Pro 1.

Just some thoughts....good luck.

Hey Max,

Im Kyle, the Tech Support Manager for MIDAS.
I would be glad to assist in setting up the MIXTENDER 2 app.
Feel free to PM or email me at
[email protected]

Best Regards,
Kyle Chirnside
Manager, Customer Technical Support Professional Division
MUSIC Group
MIDAS

Last edited:

Hello,

Thank you al for the help! We have found the problem. We thought that we had to use a different IP for the ipad and for the pro 1 but you have to use the same one.

Thx

Max

He probably means that is the IP address to which you tell Mixtender 2 to connect.

That would make a lot more sense because obviously you can not have two devices on the same local network with the same IP address, AND you will need to tell the app where to go to connect.

I also cannot connect to my pro 1 console after putting ip in mixtender it say connect time out can anyone help

Last edited:

Could it be that the iPad is ios 8.2 that it Is not connecting, also when the router is connected to my pro 1 it locks the console up until it is unplug

I'm also having trouble connecting. I did everything in the YouTube vid... Still nothing. I can take the same router and it connects to M32 before I can press connect, but I can't get it to connect to Pro1... Help!!! Had to mix a gig through headphones because I couldn't connect to Pro1

Old thread, but same problem here. Had a gig at a venue that has a Pro 2C. Brought my regular router that I've used for several different mixers, dLive, SQ-5, X32++ with no issue, but for some reason, Mixtender won't ball.

I used DHCP, console got two seemingly nice addresses within the correct range from the my router (one for the IO box and one for the console?), pressed start on the remote, tried connecting to both from my iPad, both connections timed out every time. Didn't try without DHCP, but it shouldn't make any difference when it actually gets a functioning IP.

Can try again later without, but doubt it will make a difference. Latest firmware on Pro 2C.

Old thread, but same problem here. Had a gig at a venue that has a Pro 2C. Brought my regular router that I've used for several different mixers, dLive, SQ-5, X32++ with no issue, but for some reason, Mixtender won't ball.

I used DHCP, console got two seemingly nice addresses within the correct range from the my router (one for the IO box and one for the console?), pressed start on the remote, tried connecting to both from my iPad, both connections timed out every time. Didn't try without DHCP, but it shouldn't make any difference when it actually gets a functioning IP.

Can try again later without, but doubt it will make a difference. Latest firmware on Pro 2C.
Set IP manually on the mixer, router and iPad, make sure you start remote service on the Pro2 and you should be good.

Reactions: Tim McCulloch
Set IP manually on the mixer, router and iPad, make sure you start remote service on the Pro2 and you should be good.
I don't have any more work booked at the venue where the mixer resides in the near future, so I won't be able to check soon, but any reason why you think it will magically work if you set static IP instead? DHCP seemed to be working fine, Pro 2C actually did show me two addresses that were within range and correct. It just wouldn't allow the iPad to connect for some reason.

I don't have any more work booked at the venue where the mixer resides in the near future, so I won't be able to check soon, but any reason why you think it will magically work if you set static IP instead? DHCP seemed to be working fine, Pro 2C actually did show me two addresses that were within range and correct. It just wouldn't allow the iPad to connect for some reason.
iPads don't like DHCP without internet connection.
It MIGHT work, might not. Go static if you can.