More fun times in the bull-pen

Another fun play toy. New McCauley Sub not released yet, that I made last week.
My long time friend, no one wants to make a product out of; The low-mid 15" and the DE900 on a custom McCauley horn. Random McCauley SM box. But the speakers are the whole deal. Dual-VC 15in with the hybrid-composite cone. The response tells the whole story. I went and measured the polars of this 15 cone and it is at least 15deg better before breakup than its standard paper counterpart.

funtimes.jpgtest speakers.jpg

Re: More fun times in the bull-pen

Those are certainly some flat looking response graphs. Could you clarify something? When you say "15deg better" what exactly do you mean?

Those are certainly some flat looking response graphs. Could you clarify something? When you say "15deg better" what exactly do you mean?

I mean, the cone is not breaking up at as low a frequency, leading to a more stable pattern. I'll post a polar map when I get a sec. Yes, I was really surprised how flat it is. So much so, I can see I didn't get the levels exactly right.

That could last months, you live near Seattle!

Seriously, the stiffness of these cones is great. What do they cost, though?

I've estimated the whole speaker costs $550 dealer. For our other process involved McCauley speakers, that is what we are charging. Since these are not full composite diaphragms they might be a bit less. But still, I've never got them into a product yet. They were designed as a low-mid for a larger volume line-array system, but I've discovered they seem to excel as a low-full way when in a smaller volume.

Last edited: