[FS] Motu 8pre and 896

Thomas Dameron

Freshman
Oct 18, 2011
I have a Motu 8pre and 896mk3 firewire for sale. I am selling the 8pre for $400, the 896 for $600, or both together for $750, shipping is included in the US. Both are easily controlled by mac or PC.

The 8pre is brand new, I had bought a used one that came to me with a couple of broken knobs. Motu replaced it with a brand new unit. It is completely mint. If you're not familiar it is an 8 in/2 out analog firewire interface. Using software you can mix the inputs to the outputs or you can anything from the computer to the outputs. There are also 16 in/out of Adat optical (8 at 96k). I have used it with great success for years as a multi mic Smaart interface.

The 896 is 8 in/10 out analog, plus spdif, AES, and Adat. The unit has built in DSP, so you can use it for a live processor. All of the i/o is routable and you have 5 band EQ and HPF/LPF on each input, output and the internal mix buses that you use for routing. There is also great sounding compression and 1 reverb unit in there. I would use this unit for subgroup processing when using analog boards for corporate and as a poor man's xl-88 and lake for multi-console events. It is in great shape. There is minor rack rash. I am the only owner and used it as a freelancer carry on piece. It was never toured, never bounced around a truck, and only babied.

You can see pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ql5q7dajb4ke6go/EejdGErgWg
The screen of the 896 is immaculate, the 1st picture is glare.

Please do not contact me by PM, only by email at: t dameron at gee mail dot com. I can take paypal or check. I'll entertain offers on trades for mics. You can low ball me if you want

Thanks,
thomas d.