My todays purchases - newbie

Juris Francenko

Freshman
Jun 10, 2017
So this moorning was unusal cause I started it with shopping. Wanted to get sound card for a while. Its(Some 5 eggs rated Creative desktop PC 40$ soundcard) been on my shopping card for months on newegg. Of course newegg dont ship to my country and besides Im using laptop. So I looked at cheapest place where I knew - Aliexpress and found some USB soundcards under 2$ and even 80 cent ones, wasnt sure how good they were despite 5 star reviews so got a more expensive model 5 channel soundcard Ugreen for 10$. It have this High performance CM6533 chipset.

Since I have only gaming headset that fully covers ears and getting pretty tired from sound so close to ears I bought PC speakers as well. So I got Trust 30W total power output stereo speakers TRUST 19015 XpertTouch 2.1

So for everything I paid like 32 euros. What ya think guys? Is this the best bang for the buck?

Update. So I got my speakers yesterday and they sound great and this is even without sound card( Soundcard still is shipping). Originally they were like 40 euros - more than 40 bucks but got it for 23.99 euros.
Yeah they dont produce these anymore and cables have weak connection but still sound is good when not going beyond 50% max volume in laptop settings. Now this is normal since laptop motherboard integrated soundcards sound is bad beyond 50%(50% that is where my laptop sound setting is now). Still my speakers are at 100% volume and bass and sound great. 30W RMS and 60W PMPO. Kinda scary that PMPO is so low but then again Sub is only like 3 inches and speakers looks like 2 inches. Now the only problem is that one of the speaker came with a little pressed in speaker head. Its like someone pressed hard with finger to bend it in.
Questions are - DO you know how to get out pressed in speaker head and what to do to improve cable connection cause if touched connection is lost and when touched again connection is back again despite that jack is all the way in at all times, Im not the only one who have this problme with this exact speaker model. Also Sub cabble can lose connection at extreme bass so had to touch it once.
Been reading reviews about this Ugreen usb sound card and guy said that not only the noise is gone when over 50% but also sound is much richer and higher quality. So I didnt waste 8 bucks there. Yess !
Also been doing sound tests and sound really do kick in at 200hz but cant hear almost anything above 17000Hz. Now my Bloody headset powered by A4Tech have greater range and can hear wider frequency so this is not my hearing but speakers and sub capabilities.

So tests used - most basic test to check if sound is working and for surprise my right speaker was at the right.
https://youtu.be/woKgOk8qHuw

Then this frequency test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNf9nzvnd1k

And Sub tests. - My favorite music with a bass now. These boosted bass sounds great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcLZbF6_pJY

Bass test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gjsefNYpE&t=6s

Now I know that this forum is for proffesionals but really dont know better place where to post it since this is about sound.

Found this great audiophiles song that sounds great even without soundcard. And theres a download link too.
https://youtu.be/11Zce9gmjIA?list=RDQMWlbNBi1jhxo

Last edited:
Another update: So after few weeks of listening my new speakers, I got my sound card. Now I hear things in songs I havent heard before. Really default setting on soundcard is sounding pretty dead in music, but with music setting, music sounds alive and much more better. So Im glad I took this more expensive 9.99 soundcard instead of 87 cent soundcard.

Anyway on the downside skype dont sound so great as it should be. Theres still background noises, my sister told me its because of internet connection. Still disapointing cause was expecting skype to sound perfect with this Ugreen baby.

Now that my trust speakers have been break in, I like sound from them much better than from my gaming headset. Really as someone said - gaming headsets are not designed for high quality sound. And to think they sounded so amazing when I bought them. Still good enough for skype and its their main purpose.

So does it gets better than this for home user? Is there any other cheap professional alternatives for hobbyist like me to listen to great sounding music at home? Like what headsets you suggest and what speakers would have enough sound for high frequencies but at the same time play bass as well?

You can get a quality gaming headset which sounds as good as a 100 dollar set of pro headphones for around 150 dollars or so, if I recall correctly. That's typically the price range you're looking at if you want maximum quality for what you're paying for.

Thanks for response Max. But I dont see point of paying 50$ more for same quality sound. I have gaming headset already and I use it only for skype and music since I game without sound. So pro headphones would do just well since I could listen to music with them and skype with my gaming headset.

You are right I want maximum for what Im paying for cause bang for the buck is everything for me since I count my pennies, but want quality at the same time.

Last edited:
For purposes of immersive gaming, soundstage also comes in handy as it creates better, more real audio environment. Additionally you want to pick up every ambient detail and present it in high quality audio. Bass shouldn’t be overlooked here either, for immersion good bass is a must have.

Reactions: Juris Francenko
Update after 3,5 years. So those Trust speakers wasn't very well after a while. You can read reviews about them on amazon.
Now got much more powerful speakers - Fenda A520, 50-60w power which is far more than enough on 1/4-/1/2 max volume.
Still would be nice if someone reminded the model name of those Sony earphones that did cost like 50$ and had pro-sound.
Had a lot of earbuds too - cheap ones and expensive ones, But the nicest sound was from Sony.

Sony MDR7506 are quite good, but more than $50.
The website below has actual measurements to compare different types of headsets, you can choose based on the parameters most important for your use:

Art

Reactions: Juris Francenko