Need Case ideas for powersoft amps

I just purchase new Powersoft Amps and I'm looking at new case, layout ideas(distro i/o panels and case company recommendations. I currently have them racked in a 22" deep case but I think I need at least 26" or more. My current idea for versatility is 2 amps in a 8 space case with rubber feet to sit on top of a case with 4 amps in a ten or twelve space case with castors. I you have any pictures would be great. I also have a question about what breaker size people are using for rack mount distro 20 or 30 amp for K8 and K10?

Thanks
Ramiro Garcia

Re: Need Case ideas for powersoft amps

When I sell the deeper K series amps I offer my customers a right angle power cord modification that saves 4 or 5 inches of case depth. With that modification a 22" deep case is adequate (22" + lids). For custom cases in Sacramento, call Joe La Russa at Space Case Company.

Hi Mike,

Who makes these right angle connectors? What's the model number?

TE Connectivity/AMP right angle clamp & backshell # 571-1546349-2 R/A CABLE CLAMP 17. I slice the shrink from the existing backshell & unscrew it, carefully trim the cable jacket as needed to install the right angle backshell & new shrink. Done carefully one can avoid having to clip the terminal ends from the cable assembly, which would mean investing in a very expensive set of crimpers to replace them.

I have both L21-30 and L5-50 available. I've have more L5-50 19 rack distros and cable. I wanted to so see what other end users are using. I was wondering if L5-50 would work with 1 M50Q and 3 K10 in a rack for 4 amps in a rack. That would put two K10 on 50 amps total and yes we do frequently run k10s at two ohm loads. Mike thanks for the connector info, I talk to the guys ATK and thats what they are using. 22" depth racks work but don't like leaving the amp expose but I will considered since I own some 22" cases already, one less expense. Can you pm a price quote for them and estimate delivery date. Do you have pics of some of those L connectors install in amp racks. I'm curious to see how exposed the amps and cables are. Right now I'm unplugging cables in the back and I hate it. For case company I'm looking at omeaga cases and space case. I have a few cases from already from space case. I have LS9-32 case that has pull out handle and corner castors. Love it great for small club gigs that need 32 channels.

Last edited:

Here is a picture of the little ATK racks I had from a while ago, I am still trying to find a side and rear shot of the racks.

If I get a chance I will post up some pics later of the rack I built for our shop. They are lab gruppen racks but it will give you some ideas with the I/O stuff.

photo-5.jpg

The basic foot print of your racks should be dictated by truck pack dimensions. 22.5 x 30 is a fairly standard size for straight truck packs in the US. This allows a three wide or four wide row. Make your cable trunks the same size or some divisor of a 90 inch ( or what ever constitutes a standard truck width in your part of the universe ) and life at load out will be much better.