New Midas - M32R

Re: New Midas - M32R

Hey, if any of you guys gets an idea about shipping dates in US, please let me know. European dealer Thomann.de states "back in stock" 16th March.

Anyone have a hi-res picture? I want to zoom in and read the 'dashboard' labels.

Just don't bother with the "extra large" .tif from the website, it's still the same low-resolution picture with layers intact if you open it in Photoshop :). I guess the best chance for a proper closeup is if somebody takes a snapshot at NAMM.

And now the M32C has been released.
http://www.midasconsoles.com/Products/M32C.aspx

"M32 CORE", 1RU, processing only, no mic pre's.

Can I guess that a "M32 RACK" is coming up in some months or at next major trade show?

Regards
ARNE

At least this core looks good and professional.

I would like to know, however, why the DL32 is in the Live Performance System category and not the I/O Units category

As an X32 user, I would love to consider the M32R, but there are a few features missing that worry me. Mainly the FX control section, 4 aux send knobs, and location of bank change buttons. Are these or any other physical features an issue?

Is an X32 with the new Midas 32 I/O box the same as an M32 sound wise?

As an X32 user, I would love to consider the M32R, but there are a few features missing that worry me. Mainly the FX control section, 4 aux send knobs, and location of bank change buttons. Are these or any other physical features an issue?

Is an X32 with the new Midas 32 I/O box the same as an M32 sound wise?

By the fx control section do you mean the assign rotary controls - which can be used for this. Notably in the M32R quick start guide it still has these in the description of controls!!! - but they ARE NOT there as you say.

the 4 aux send knobs - do you mean the 4 bus send knobs - these are sort of available as the rotary controls under the display( according to the quick start guide) are used for this if you press the bus sends button.

RE the positioning of the layer select buttons - agree a strange design. On the x32 producer they did find room to put them by the channel strips - so wonder why they opted for this. However, it is a matter of getting used to it - but do agree could have been better placed.

(edit - looking at the pictures of the consoles - on the M32 there is not enough room possibly to position the bank select buttons in the same position as on the producer - perhaps it is to do with the different fader mechanisms - and retain the rack format size!?)

I would imagine an x32 and DL32 or 2 x DL16's would sound the same as the internals of the x an M are suppose to be the same ( currently)

Last edited:

My M32R arrived this week, I can echo the statements regarding the sturdiness of the physical controls over the X32 series.

Now to find a suitable case...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427416391.922124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Spenser,

any issues with your M32 r - e.g. there are reports on the MG forum for instance that if channels are paired one of the paired faders does not travel all the way down to -00.

Do you have this issue.

Re cases over here swan have a case where the front panel drops down to let you access the headphone socket!

Spenser,

any issues with your M32 r - e.g. there are reports on the MG forum for instance that if channels are paired one of the paired faders does not travel all the way down to -00.

Do you have this issue.

Re cases over here swan have a case where the front panel drops down to let you access the headphone socket!

My M32R exhibits the same issue. Also, I'm dissappointed that the unit doesn't have a connection for a goosneck lamp. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the product.

-JP

Does it also happen with linked busses / subgroups as well as the channel faders?

It's a feature - any fader moved by external force (linked fader, software program, encoder) will not physically go lower than -58dB, while the value of the actual fader does. It has been described by Midas as feature that helps to prolong fader life. Way overdone imho, but doesn't affect my workflow, just feels sloppy.