New to forum

Re: New to forum

What type? maybe I can talk you through a little troubleshooting?

Mostly scanners. Martin mania and a few others. Also an Elation Colorspot 250 moving head. Past the troubleshooting unfortunately. All need various parts. I was going to try to make a few good ones with what I have but I will most likely put the lot on eBay at some point unless someone here wants them. Most were broken when I got them. They were in a package deal with some other club type stuff.

I myself have a couple of PS250's down presently. Need to get new main PCB's and they'll fire up again. They're a fairly easy fix and Elation should have parts available for them. Do you have only one unit? If you had another functional unit, you could swap out parts to check what's the problem. What's the issue with the PS250?

I myself have a couple of PS250's down presently. Need to get new main PCB's and they'll fire up again. They're a fairly easy fix and Elation should have parts available for them. Do you have only one unit? If you had another functional unit, you could swap out parts to check what's the problem. What's the issue with the PS250?

Broken belt and they lost some parts when they had it apart. I have a pair of those and the other one works the last time I fired it up. These are the early ones made by ROBE with the Elation logo also.

These are good units and once you get them working and maintain them properly, you'll still get lots of life out of them. What parts are missing? Is it the pan or tilt belt that's broken? The tilt belt's an easy changeout but the pan's a bit trickier as the entire head has to be lifted off the base. The good thing is that there are only a few wires feeding the top, two wires that feed power to the lamp and and one harness that feeds power to the tilt arm PCB, which then feeds the top and bottom head pcbs.Tilt Arm PCB Wiring.jpg

I will have to pull them out and take a closer look next week. What do you have to do for proper maintenance? I have a few colorwash 250 also and would like to keep them in good shape. I am not really a lighting guy. Just a sound guy that has some fixtures. Thanks for your tips.

It depends. Once you have a little technical know how and know your way around basic electronics, the servicing will be simple enough. The real killer is dust and residue. The fans pick up dust and particles from fog etc. and basically spread it around inside the units. An air compressor, Q-Tips, small paintbrushes, lint free cloth and glass cleaner are your best friends. These units have quite a few fragile optical and magnetic sensors so just be careful. Give me a buzz when you're ready to dive in and I'll help you out.