New Venue = PA tweaks?

Re: New Venue = PA tweaks?

If you're concerned about not having enough sub for the gig, then having your tops on stands will allow you to place your subs where they will be most effective.

+1. I agree I don't love the look of tripods, so I'll sometimes use a stick of vertical truss per side, which you can add lighting to pretty easily if desired. Depending on the circumstances it can help get the 'look' people are after. It's sort of a silly and expensive way to get speakers in the air, but for something little and light like the 715 it could be just the ticket. Of course this is dependent on sufficient budget and availability of the truss and bases. If the budget is too tight, or it's something where aesthetics are a secondary concern, there are lots of other options.

Strapping everything is necessary regardless of the decision, especially outdoors.

Also, are you really considering new subs? To move from 718, to Kv2, and then to something else seems crazy. You need to figure out how to make what you've got work because new toys won't solve old problems. The treaded extension rod on the SRX subs you had is actually nice because it's really stable, unlike a lot of inverted pole sockets. From my use of Kv2's active subs with K&M extension rods, I wouldn't be comfortable using the rod with a stacked subs, especially outdoors. It's just not stable enough in my experience.

On the budget end, tripods and sandbags are really your friend. Just make sure to use good quality tripods and to properly extend the legs. I've got something like 14 tripod stands and some other crank stands, so as much as I don't always love their look they are a useful tool in the right application.

You really want to figure out how to put your tops up without subs under them. Why, because the subs work better stacked together anywhere but under the tops. While it looks loud to have 725s over 728s, you will get much more and better bottom end with the pair of subs together - on one side or the other or centered.

Home Depot Husky Work X folding tables.

Mike McNany

I used to use something similar. However, I find that double-purposing saves a lot: space, time, $$$$.

Art Welter had a system which utilized cable boxes as spacers for his stacks. If it's good enough for Art it's good enough for me. That said, I use scaffolding and drape for deploying my system in similar situations. I just like the stability and safety involved as well as the ability to easily level the stacks with the screw jack feet. So does my insurance company......

They are still for sale!

Probably too small for the OP, 26.5'' x 15'' deep and 11.25'' tall.