O A Windsor

Steve Payne

Junior
Jan 16, 2011
Richmond, VA
soundworksva.com
Well, I may be the last one in pro audio to jump on the bandwagon, but if there are any of you out there still using Woodhead or Erickson drop boxes, know that there is a better mouse trap. I was making up a new snake bundle and needed a quad box to live at FOH. I had heard good things on the boards about the A O Windsor stuff, so thought I would give them a try. I called and talked to Ken. Ken >IS< A O Windsor. It is great to have any questions fielded by the guy who makes, packs, ships and knows his product. Ken made sure I had the right part number for the proper sized cable grip to accommodate the 12/4 SO wire I was using. Great guy that knows how to serve his customers needs. There isn't much rocket science in a quad box, but the Windsor box is built like a tank. It is much heavier duty than it's Woodhead and Erickson counterparts. The side wall thickness is substantial. I am guessing that this box and it's internals could literally survive being run over by a car or van. Surely it will be totally unfazed by anything it could encounter on a stage. If you stay in business for 50+ years, I have no doubt that you would never have to buy a replacement for a Windsor box. The black color is also a plus for a clean stage look on downstage drops for keyboards and stomp box rigs. The punchline is that they cost substantially less than the Woodhead/Erickson products. So, (1) superior product, (2) better price, (3) one on one customer service. i'm on board this bus for sure. Happy gigging.