OAP?

Re: OAP?

Clair brothers? ;)

I actually can't think of a single Clair Brothers cabinet within the past 40 years that was loaded with anything but (what was at the time of the design) state of the art drivers. I can say for a fact, that in the R&D of all of their products, they go through dozens of drivers regardless of cost and find the best fit to achieve the performance they are looking for. Not a lot of eminence boxes sitting around up there in Lititz.

The Clair Systems install division may use cheaper drivers for some products, but they are a totally separate entity of the touring division.

I actually can't think of a single Clair Brothers cabinet within the past 40 years that was loaded with anything but (what was at the time of the design) state of the art drivers. I can say for a fact, that in the R&D of all of their products, they go through dozens of drivers regardless of cost and find the best fit to achieve the performance they are looking for. Not a lot of eminence boxes sitting around up there in Lititz.

The Clair Systems install division may use cheaper drivers for some products, but they are a totally separate entity of the touring division.

That might be true, but after a while all sorts of JBL drivers starts to appear in their boxes. That's probably why when you're at a gig with a clair pa, you have a new band evey 5 meters.

That might be true, but after a while all sorts of JBL drivers starts to appear in their boxes. That's probably why when you're at a gig with a clair pa, you have a new band evey 5 meters.

Maybe something is getting lost in translation here, but to the best of my knowledge, Clair is pretty consistent with what they load their boxes with. There were some upgrades here and there but any set of boxes in a complete system are going to be loaded identically. You wouldn't find an i3 rig with half of the hang containing model x driver and half containing y. If a driver in a cabinet fails for some reason, it gets replaced with an identical part. They keep very close tabs on exactly what is in every box in inventory.

The drivers between 2 different models of cabinets will naturally be different, but by that logic you would also be saying V'Dosc is inconsistent because the dv-dosc underhang has different drivers than the main cabinet.

Maybe something is getting lost in translation here, but to the best of my knowledge, Clair is pretty consistent with what they load their boxes with. There were some upgrades here and there but any set of boxes in a complete system are going to be loaded identically. You wouldn't find an i3 rig with half of the hang containing model x driver and half containing y. If a driver in a cabinet fails for some reason, it gets replaced with an identical part. They keep very close tabs on exactly what is in every box in inventory.

The drivers between 2 different models of cabinets will naturally be different, but by that logic you would also be saying V'Dosc is inconsistent because the dv-dosc underhang has different drivers than the main cabinet.

A happy and healthy year 2012for all
dv-dosc as the same driver as the V in fact there's the same number of drivers in 2 dv-sub + 6 dv-dosc as in 3 x v-dosc

We've got OAP double 18" subs at the venue I work in. Nothing fancy or special but the boxes are real solid. Good for the price.

I installed two subs w/ dual 18's at 3600w per side in a church.... a rockin' church in Albany NY back in about 2010. These things pound. They're fantastic. I've used OAP in about 15 jobs for installs. They're great. One of the most efficient cabs out there. Fantastic design and high quality drivers made to their specs.from Eminence and Bama of Italy. Great people and great products.