Old man needs help with Old equipment.

Jerome Dragon

Jul 25, 2022
gate city va
Newbie searching for help. I have been playing for over 55 years and need some help. This is old stuff like me. I have a Yamaha 02R with 3 adat cards installed and hooked up to an Alesis HD24 via light pipes. My problem is as follows. I have a song on the HD24 with twelve tracks. I want to record on track 13. Card in slots 3 and 4 in the 02R are assigned as 1 thru 8 and 9 thru 16. When I play the 12 tracks back I cannot hear or record on channel 13 unless I go into the 02R and set cards 3/4 digital I/O to internal analog. Then I can hear my guitar on channel 13 but cannot hear the mix. To hear the mix I have to go back in and set cards 3/4 to digital I/O to hear the mix but cannot hear the guitar on channel 13. I have tried auto input and all input on the HD24 and still no go. I have been at this for days. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have recorded plenty of 20 some odd track songs with this equipment, the bass player doing all the engineering. He isn't around anymore to give me any advice.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a link to 19 vids of original music recorded and mixed on the above equipment if anyone might be interested. In the classic rock vein.
Thanx
Dragoworks

Last edited: