Pelican cases vs. Storm cases?

So I'm familiar with Pelican cases for stuff that doesn't warrant a full roadcase, but I see that Pelican now also has another line of similar cases, Storm cases. Does anybody here know how the 2 lines compare? I'm looking mostly at the carryon style case, but I'm also looking at some of the other smaller cases as well.

Re: Pelican cases vs. Storm cases?

I have a Storm iM2500 case, has held out really well in baggage holds and UPS shipping. Love the interior options, nice and roomy inside the case, quality is comparable to the Pelican cases. If anything, it will come down to the options you use. For me I found the lid organizer and padded dividers suited my needs better with the storm case. YMMV.

IIRC, Storm was their competitor who they bought. I have a couple of Pelican cases and have nothing but praise for them. I trust some of my most expensive gear (custom built media servers, etc) at this point to them. That said, the two lines look pretty comparable although the standard Pelican's have way more size options. Close up photos of the handles, latches, wheels, etc show the two lines seeming to share a lot of the hardware. Same warranty. I think either would probably be fine. Not sure how pricing compares but I can't imagine there is much of a difference unless there is some quality disparity that I am missing.

Storm Case is a line made by Hardigg, who was bought by Pelican. They are made in the next town over from me, so a couple of times a year I go to the factory and get some seconds. Never had an issue. Hardigg makes cases for the military. They know what they are doing.

I agree with the general consensus - the cases are pretty much interchangable and now owned by the same company. My couple Pelicans have been great over the years.

I've got both. I prefer the latches on the Storm case. Both are very well made, and will live up to what they say.

Evan
Yeah I did the same thing. I got a waterproof case from Ralph's Pelican Cases and a Storm laptop case from Pelican.com. Each case is a laptop case for when we travel and it works great for all those stupid airline rules. Only bad thing is that we get checked a lot when we travel by plane now.