Please Post Strange Forum Behaviors Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please Post Strange Forum Behaviors Here

Pat,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this redirect behavior is a pretty classic indication you have a virus.

Well, the company computers must have it...the day job has mondo servers and pretty savvy anti-virus programs. We have 117 locations with at least three computers in each location.

This is the only website I've had it happen on. Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Pat

Well, the company computers must have it...the day job has mondo servers and pretty savvy anti-virus programs. We have 117 locations with at least three computers in each location.

This is the only website I've had it happen on. Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Pat

Pat,

Can you post the redirected link so we can track through our logs?

02/08/2012, about 1:35am. It's been a while, so it made me log in. No luck - guess the password isn't what I thought - or the other two most likely. Did the "send me my stuff' - tried a dozen times and could not get the 'capcha' right. - POS! Closed tab (Firefox) and opened a new tab: Got 'captcha' the first time. Tried to log in while awaiting the email: The password IS what I thought! POS! It's 10 minutes later and I still don't have the email. Grrrrr.

02/08/2012, about 1:35am. It's been a while, so it made me log in. No luck - guess the password isn't what I thought - or the other two most likely. Did the "send me my stuff' - tried a dozen times and could not get the 'capcha' right. - POS! Closed tab (Firefox) and opened a new tab: Got 'captcha' the first time. Tried to log in while awaiting the email: The password IS what I thought! POS! It's 10 minutes later and I still don't have the email. Grrrrr.

Tim, sorry about that. Outgoing email through our server was down since yesterday around this time. Everything should be back to normal now.

Pat,

Can you post the redirected link so we can track through our logs?

Phil, the next time it happens, I'll definitely do that.

Thanks for your help!

Pat

edit: Me thinks you guys may be right! I just tried to click on a link on the "other", forum and had the same thing happen.

Here is the link: http://63.209.69.107/search/web/sound+live+web+prosound+audio+music/a10/47585-41/v5

I guess my computer does have the flu....Boo!!

Last edited:
Re: First New Post button

Selecting "Mark Forums Read" from the Search/New Posts page (This is the important part of the link: soundforums.net/forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=1329229591-15e79895f035403290319d512dd858e586d46c1a copied from "Mark Forums Read") gives me this error:

Screen shot 2012-02-14 at 5.16.40 PM.png

I was logged in at the time.

Edit: I forgot to change the title. Sorry.

Re: First New Post button

Selecting "Mark Forums Read" from the Search/New Posts page (This is the important part of the link: soundforums.net/forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=1329229591-15e79895f035403290319d512dd858e586d46c1a copied from "Mark Forums Read") gives me this error:

View attachment 3100

I was logged in at the time.

Edit: I forgot to change the title. Sorry.

Milt,

Was that just after you logged in? There's a vBulletin bug on the "What's New" page if it's not refreshed before you log in.

Otherwise, I can't reproduce the issue. Let us know if it happens again, but for now I'm assuming it was a fluke rewrite issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.