Powered 12" speakers

Re: Powered 12" speakers

Jason,

Let me suggest the FBT Mitus 112A or their high end plastic powered Promaxx 14a

I don't recommend gear that often, but the FBT Mitus is good kit, and the ProMaxx is, in my opinion, the best plastic speaker on the market.

+1, we've been using FBT gear for years now. It's been very solid and incredibly good performing gear for us.

Jeff

I wasn't discounting the VP series for anything other than price. They look to be in the $4000 range.

I have taken David Nickerson's Eona boxes to 3 or 4 gigs in the past few weeks but haven't used them yet. I'll have to give them a listen.

Does anyone know if KV2 is going to get US distribution anytime soon?

There are some people who does KV2 Audio distribution in USA, as kv2audio.com says:

200 South Tobin Street Suite C
Renton, WA 98058
USA

Phone: +425- 970-3641
Fax: +420- 242-5424
Mobile: +209- 606-1771
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.liftav.com

We are official distributors in Lithuania, if you need more info let me know, i will find it out for you.

There are some people who does KV2 Audio distribution in USA, as kv2audio.com says:

200 South Tobin Street Suite C
Renton, WA 98058
USA

Phone: +425- 970-3641
Fax: +420- 242-5424
Mobile: +209- 606-1771
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.liftav.com

We are official distributors in Lithuania, if you need more info let me know, i will find it out for you.

I am a dealer for KV2, and Lift does indeed now handle US distribution. I'll mention that the pricing was pretty stable for an extended time when AM&S was the distributor, and increased substantially when the distribution changed. So there may be some sticker shock to people who try to fill out KV2 systems that they started building a few years back.

I use the FBT HiMaxx40a's (12's) and IMHO do fill the gap you speak of. A step above the popular PRX, ZLX, ELX, DSR/DXR, K series etc. and the $ 4k industry standards. The FBT's HiMaxx40a's are in the $ 1,200'ish range and never fail to amaze me, so I at least have to "second" those who also recommended you look at FBT. Others that come to mind would be the RCF TT22a's and the E/V ZXA5.

ScottH

It was a couple of years ago that I posted the question. I purchased 4 Fulcrum Acoustics FA12, 2 FA28, and 2 TS215. I power them with Powersoft k2/k3 and a Powersoft M50Q for monitors (lower latency). I couldn't be happier. They are definitely a step up from RCF TT, KV2, and pretty much anything else I have ever heard.