Powersoft M50Q w/DSP for monitors

John McLeod

Freshman
Sep 9, 2015
Hi gentlemen
Has anyone used one of these on monitoring. .etc.
Curious about long term reliability also..
I am able to aquire these at a great price with warranty (2 for the price of a used fp10, 000q)
I currently have a
X4..K3..K6 (upgraded to K8) and thought this M50Q would round out for my monitors
Thanks

Re: Powersoft M50Q w/DSP for monitors

I have four of these amps and like them a lot for the power and channels to space ratio. I use a couple of them just as you say, to power four monitor mixes. I think they are good but not great, depends on what monitors you have and how loud you want them. I have EAW LA-215 wedges which are passive 8 ohm boxes with a 15" LF and a 2" HF. The amp puts out 700w/ch at 8 ohms and I am frequently tickling the clip lights on big stages. But I also use these amps for smaller set ups and love that they only take up 1RU. I have had some issues but the warranty is good and long and transferable -- all plusses, and I had no issues getting repairs. If you can get them at a good price I would jump on them. I just wish they were a little bit more powerful.

Re: Powersoft M50Q w/DSP for monitors

Thanks for the reply Robert
EAW 215 would love a K3 on big stages ...I was curious on what problems as one of the amps I was looking at only has about a year warranty. ..the other has 2.5 yrs..
The 215 is 97db/600w so you would be pushing it to its limits on a bigger stage..
John