Presonus Digimax D8 users?

Dave Stevens

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Vegas Beotch
I'm looking for opinions on low cost 8 ch mic pres with Lightpipe outputs. I need a couple for utility inputs to our DAW, stuff like talkback stems, intercom, sometime we print code. I'm using True pre amps now but we are changing converters and rather than use the Aphex 1788s we use in the main rig, these don't have to be near the mic pre. They need to be clean, noise free and only reasonably good sounding.

If you are using them, what do you think

Dave

Re: Presonus Digimax D8 users?

Dave, I like the two I have fine. I have had them a few years and they are trouble free and quiet. For what they cost, they are hard to beat.

PS- Seeing you listed as a freshman just sounds so wrong to me.....

Re: Presonus Digimax D8 users?

Thanks Stuart. One thing that impressed me was having an external clock input. Lightpipe clock can be pretty flaky. The only beef I can find and for the price I think it's whining but the pairing of the phantom power switch and it's on the back. That's really just trying to find something not to like. In a way it's more of a feature as when we interface those to the LCS rig 48v across an LCS output card will fry them. And they'll charge about a grand to fix it... I'm going to give them a shot. For the price and what we need them to do it looks like a good bargain.