ProLight & Sound Frankfurt/Germany

Re: ProLight & Sound Frankfurt/Germany

anybody - besides eytan - going there?
i'm there on thursday only!

Klause, If you want to meet up, come by the BMS booth at 11:AM,
anyone else, if I am not at the BMS booth, please leave a phone number and I will get in touch with you.

Regards, Jack

Somebody need to grab some pics of the new Cadac small digital console, and get all the inside information for us. Inquiring minds want to know. Also, hold their feet to the fire and get them to tell you what the real street price is going to be.

Somebody need to grab some pics of the new Cadac small digital console, and get all the inside information for us. Inquiring minds want to know. Also, hold their feet to the fire and get them to tell you what the real street price is going to be.
like this:
070420111582.jpg
maybe Jack can check them, i didn't get any info on price :-(
more info shoaul be on the web site

Just returned from PL&S 2011.
Subjectively, I think it was 'smaller' compared to previous year, still, major players were all there.

A couple of finds listed by their awesomeness level :

#1 winner BY FAR is Meyer Sound's Constelation - again !! This was probably the 4th or 5th time I heard the demo and it gives me the creeps every single time i hear this system perform.

(Just received a tip from a good friend ... a certain phrase in a sentence above should read "sends shivers up my spine" . I hope that my point was understandable ... man, I used to be a better writer)

#2 Nexo's new 'funny looking' stage monitor. Nexo had this full stage setup with 5 or 6 mixes running ... the real deal altogether, except for the missing musicians. They played a multitrack recording.
I was on stage for well over 500 times in my life and I can say that I never heard so good 'isolation' between fairly closely spaced wedges. The only thing that can compare to Nexo's setup is probably IEM.
They also sound good as hell too.

#3 New BIG Turbosound line array. Four way, obeys phisycs regarding component placement, eleven drivers,... serious deal. If they manage not to screw it up the processing, this will become a real deal ... K1 beware !!

#4 Beyerdynamic chose to change model names for ALL their products ... Ok, so they published a cross reference chart ... why (the fuck) they did that ? Btw, great and affordable IM900 IEM system is no longer available ... WTF again

#5 Renkus Heinz IC2 boxes: I expected waaay less and worse. It is VERY intelegible, provides for great SPL while sounding natural. VERY good job!

#6 A word on digital mixers : The race, who will hit the bottom first, continues. On the top side, AVID is still No 1, on the 'dark side' there's too much painfuly awkward offerings. Btw, earlier mentioned Cadac comes in AT LEAST two more color schemes, as well as price schemes ... I forgot the brands, yet outline is THE SAME, so they all came from the same production like. (sorry, I forgor the other two brand names, ..., funny thing is, the advertisement ad for Cadac as well as for one of the 'same' consoles from a different manufacturer wer published ON THE SAME PAGE of PL&S daily magazine .... How creepy is that (maybe there's a point to this somewhere else and I just don't get it)
You may as well dissregard all my digi consoles remarks since I'm a renesance man (or so they say)

#7 Last but not least, pillars like Lectosonics, Rational Acoustics and some significant others remain in the 'untouchable' league and I have nothing to add .. a pure awesomeness.

Over and out

Last edited:

Just returned from PL&S 2011.
Subjectively, I think it was 'smaller' compared to previous year, still, major players were all there.

#5 Renkus Heinz IC2 boxes: I expected waaay less and worse. It is VERY intelegible, provides for great SPL while sounding natural. VERY good job!

Over and out

Hello Ales, Did you hear the Coda LA12?

Regards, Jack