Pull over style racks?

Re: Pull over style racks?

In the case of an FOH rack, you can pull the internal rack out and put it on top of the case-over portion to have all your effects at a comfortable working height. sort of a built in table. You can also lift the internal rack out part way and rest it on the wheel board so it leans back a bit and is easy to access. The cases are usually inherently shock mounted, so yes, extra protection.

I am not sure if this really coorelates, but it seems that most of the pull overs I have used have a more solid wheelboard and better casters which makes moving them easier.

Or it may be most of the pull overs I have encountered were made by higher end case companies.

Have you ever tried to put a wheeled rack across the seats in a theater? Way easier with the "rack" portion of a pull over case.

This is exactly why we use them. We want shock mounting, but we dont want to have to lift the full weight, and we'd like the gear to ride right-way-up as opposed to having wheels on the rear lid of a shockmount. works well.

The versatility they offer is great, that's why! I think most of the points have been covered here - one show we've got them sitting on top of their lids so they are at eye-level, which is great to get at your tap delay's, comps, eq's, etc, the next they can be tipped back on their base (if sight lines are an issue or you just don't feel like having to lift it up or whatever) and the next the base and top can be set aside and they can sit over the seats of an auditorium. Also they just look classy as hell.

YMMV but I'm a big fan - if cost is an issue check out the ones from EWI; I've never had direct use of them but I've never had a bad product from them so I can say with certainty that they are good medium grade cases.