Q Lab vs Instacue

Tom Hester

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
Southern California
Looking for some software for bump music and pre recorded VOGs for corporate events. I have used Instacue and it worked for my basic needs, but I was wondering how it compared to Q Lab which seems to be everyones favorite. I will not be using this for any midi control. It is literally for one click VOG/Bump on cues. With Q lab can I direct Pre Roll/VOG/Bump to different interface outputs?

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Tom

Re: Q Lab vs Instacue

There's another product just recently released from Figure 53 called QCart that might fit your needs. Might work better than a cue stack system like QLab if you need to play the same announcement, or walk on/off music at different times and in different order. And reasonably priced too. ($99)

Re: Q Lab vs Instacue

There's another product just recently released from Figure 53 called QCart that might fit your needs...

I used this program yesterday (2/9) to cue a drumroll cue for an awards ceremony - yeah, it's just like you're thinking...

The feature set seems very nice, especially for the price I paid (free, so far). I like how you can choose what your key press equates to (latching, momentary, and "solo", which defeats all other running cues). The ability to use it in fullscreen mode in OSX Lion is nice...keeps distractions to a minimum. The "lock" feature is handy, too, so you don't accidentally edit an effect during the show run. I initially used the editor window to trim the effect down to size, but kept a full-length version cued up just in case. A good thing, too, since I actually needed almost the whole 54-second clip since the envelope opening took longer than expected :roll:

I still have the free version and think it will stay that way for the time being. I don't have a need to save my lists at this time, but the $99 is not a high price to pay for the functionality of saving the list(s).