QSC CXD4.5xx

Brent Handy

Sophomore
Aug 22, 2012
Olathe, KS
If you have not checked these out, I would recommend them.

My only gripe is quite small. I would REALLY have liked the wheel to have a push to enter function. It would be nice to have a copy and paste function as well. I found myself going to quickly configuring four amps, and I would accidentally exit before saving a speaker profile, which meant I had to do it again.

All in all, it is a nice amp. It looks killer.

Now, if only there was software to program this thing faster. At least there is software for copying amp presets.

Thumbs up QSC.

Re: QSC CXD4.5xx

We demo'd a couple of them a few months back, definitely a solid amp with plenty of features unfortunately the big one I see missing if they are going to sell this as an all in one install amp is a volume control/remote panel for it. I know typically you would have DSP for an install, but if you need to install a separate DSP, than there is no reason to pay for the DSP in the amp.

We will have to see what QSC comes out with in the up coming months, this is a whole new product line for them and is still in the early phases.

We demo'd a couple of them a few months back, definitely a solid amp with plenty of features unfortunately the big one I see missing if they are going to sell this as an all in one install amp is a volume control/remote panel for it. I know typically you would have DSP for an install, but if you need to install a separate DSP, than there is no reason to pay for the DSP in the amp.

We will have to see what QSC comes out with in the up coming months, this is a whole new product line for them and is still in the early phases.

They have the QSYS version.

You can't use the GPIO as volume control? they added enough GPIO inputs that I figured they'd be good for more than just mutes.

Jason