QSC K8 customer service issue

I have a QSC K8 that I purchased 9 months ago that has stopped working. The last time that I used it was for Flute applification in a jazz trio - totally light duty.
There has been no trauma to the cabinet and the unit is well within the warranty period.
I just got off the phone with QSC tech support and I have to pay to ship the unit to QSC for warranty service......what gives?

Over the years I have sent two of my Crown power amps back to the factory (within warranty) for service. Crown mailed a new box (plus a shipping label) to me and all I had to do was pack the unit in the box, affix the label, and give it to UPS and all was taken care of on their dime.

Is my current experience with QSC service (or non-service) the norm??

Mike M

Re: QSC K8 customer service issue

I have a QSC K8 that I purchased 9 months ago that has stopped working. The last time that I used it was for Flute applification in a jazz trio - totally light duty.
There has been no trauma to the cabinet and the unit is well within the warranty period.
I just got off the phone with QSC tech support and I have to pay to ship the unit to QSC for warranty service......what gives?

Over the years I have sent two of my Crown power amps back to the factory (within warranty) for service. Crown mailed a new box (plus a shipping label) to me and all I had to do was pack the unit in the box, affix the label, and give it to UPS and all was taken care of on their dime.

Is my current experience with QSC service (or non-service) the norm??

Mike M

I'd say it's not unheard of... I paid to send my X32 back to Music Group's facility in Las Vegas, they pay for return shipping.